Another good reason to get rid of chain...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Admiral, being the Admiral asks: How are you going to get that barral down the dock without letting it roll in to the water? Me: a link at a time sweetheart, a link at a time! She was not impressed....:angel::rofl:

Stay warm my friend. Been in the 60-70 most of this and last week. rain returning this weekend.

Thanks!

When I came down here it was 40

Now its in the teens! But, Alas it will warm up!

Today is the day to replace my old Purasan MSD with a new electro-scan with salt feed. :blush:

Yep, I've got the same thing sitting in the back of my pickup. :)

Im in Seward this week to play on the boat but the wind is 25 knots and its 20 degrees or so right now so im doing inside jobs, and staying warm. :blush:

Kevin,

A little thread drift here ... Having only spent time in Beautiful Alaska during the summer, it's hard to imagine that March weather compared to here, but what is acceptable outside temp for the Alaskan boater to work outside?

Kevin
Portland, OR

Kevin,

A little thread drift here ... Having only spent time in Beautiful Alaska during the summer, it's hard to imagine that March weather compared to here, but what is acceptable outside temp for the Alaskan boater to work outside?

Kevin
Portland, OR

Generally if its sunny, the 30's are OK but you need light gloves for any extended time. That's hoodie weather for me.

If its in the 40's especially if its sunny, that is a nice day to get things done.

As it is now, with highs in the 20's and windy I'm limiting my work outside to going to the truck, or the store for something. Yesterday I cut a piece of starboard using a skill saw in the cockpit and it was unpleasant.

Alaskans are weird. When it gets above 50 a good percentage, not everybody but a good percentage break out the shorts.

I've seen the jet skiers out the day the lake breaks up. Thats truly masochistic.

Last edited:
Generally if its sunny, the 30's are OK but you need light gloves for any extended time. That's hoodie weather for me.

If its in the 40's especially if its sunny, that is a nice day to get things done.

As it is now, with highs in the 20's and windy I'm limiting my work outside to going to the truck, or the store for something. Yesterday I cut a piece of starboard using a skill saw in the cockpit and it was unpleasant.

Alaskans are weird. When it gets above 50 a good percentage, not everybody but a good percentage break out the shorts.

I've seen the jet skiers out the day the lake breaks up. Thats truly masochistic.

If it hits 70, then we are in our cars with the A/C cranked up.....

Back
Top Bottom