It's Spring!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BaltimoreLurker

Curmudgeon
Vessel Name
Moon Dance
Vessel Make
1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
So sayeth the Ospreys. The ususally don't show up until St. Paddy's day, maybe they know something we don't.

I have never seen them in the area when there is ice on the creek.

Attachments

• DSCN4921.jpg
    DSCN4921.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 70
Weird.

Our Falcons arrived really early this year as well. They normally follow the early songbirds (Fox and Golden Crowned Sparrows) up from down south. Must be snacking on Pine Siskins for the time being.

Saw a dead Canada Goose floating around in the marina in January...that was pushing the envelope a bit too much! That's Natures way though, because if early migrators risk it all and get prime nesting areas established before the rest of the flock arrives, they have an advantage. It's an all or nothing endeavor!

I use a far simpler indicator for spring. When the ladies starts wearing shorts and tee shirts outside, it's spring......... or it really doesn't matter what season it is.

Ted

The smelt have been running hard for the past few weeks here on the lower Columbia River. Lots of eagles, hawks and thousands upon thousands of gulls following the fish. Turned the sky white and was a sight to see. Lots of seals and sea lions too....

I use a far simpler indicator for spring. When the ladies starts wearing shorts and tee shirts outside, it's spring......... or it really doesn't matter what season it is.

Ted

These transitional seasons are really confusing to me When the ladies start wearing T shirts early in the season it is difficult for me to tell if they are cold or just happy to see me.:confused::hide:

These transitional seasons are really confusing to me When the ladies start wearing T shirts early in the season it is difficult for me to tell if they are cold or just happy to see me.:confused::hide:

Think this has a lot to do with why I winter in SW FL. :blush:

Ted

Turns out the Falcon I saw last week was right after all...the Fox Sparrows arrived enforce this morning and are busily staking out territory & calling for mates with their songs :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom