Reading chair in galley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnvoss

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gray Eagle
Vessel Make
1985 35" CHB
I am wanting to put a small comfortable reading chair in my galley. It needs to be rather small but comfortable probably with wheels and maybe reclines. It would also serve as an additional chair at the table when eating with four+ people. Not a lot of room in my galley. Any suggestions and/or pics and where you got yours. Thanks.

maybe look at RV type zero clearance furniture. Made for smaller spaces and the recliners can be up against bulkhead and still recline.

Have you looked at the Ekornes Stressless types? Not necessarily the real thing, which is expensive.

Man....you must have a big galley in that Chubby. I've got a big galley too, but my Stressless and Lazyboy would take up all the floor space.

Are you sure you want it on wheels?
Anything on wheels would travel double the miles the boat would.

Here's a chair we have in thhe salon.

Comfy, reclines, nice looking.

Please excuse the mess though as I just got onboard and am unloading and stowing. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
AS long as the cook wont be in it while the stove is operating , most anything that fits should work.

To help out a working cook a SS post stuck in a floor socket with a bicycle style seat is easy to retro fit and most important easy to depart when chased by a boiling pot.

Back
Top Bottom