looking for steel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LIfes2short

Hi....new to the forum and figured this would be a good way to start my search. Looking for a 60ftish (not fetish...although it might be!) steel hull trawler. Budget dictates something older. Been researching this for some time and I'm still hooked on steel. If anyone knows of one for sale, thanks in advance for sending it my way and thanks for your help.

There's a very nice 62' Kristen steel hulled trawler for sale in B.C. Canada. I came close to buying a 50' one.

4721247_20140527132213098_1_XLARGE.jpg

Good Luck! NAFTA means no import duty.

There's a nice 54 Vripack that had a full refit done on yacht world, saw it at trawler fest nice boat.

old steel OK...just good dteel

Hi and thanks for the suggestions. I've been on the hunt for some time and if there is a steel boat in YW or on the web, I've probably seen it. Looking for something currently off the broker radar....maybe one in your marina or one that a friend is looking to off load. For instance there was a 60ft Palatka in Norfolk Va (built in early 80 by Palatka shipyard in, of all places, Palatka FL) it got away from me. Fiscally feasible for me, from what I have seen, if built in may early 90s or, more than likely, earlier. Old steel's Ok..just so long as it's good steel! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom