Sail to Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAJones

Vessel Name
Innisfree
Vessel Make
Albin 36 (1981)
Been sailing for 40 years - inland lakes, Lake Michigan, Long Island Sound to Nantucket, Virgin Islands and San Francisco. Bought a 1981 Albin 36 DC last summer - more comfort, easier to handle, looking ahead to the Great Loop. And coming from sailboats, 7 knots is plenty fast:) Located on Lake Winnebago, south of Green Bay - the old lock system to Green Bay should be open in a couple of years. Cheerio.

Hey welcome to the forum! Many of us, myself included, made the same jump!

I'm about to make that transition too! Welcome.

Richard

Britannia: what did you decide regarding the stabilizers?

Britannia: what did you decide regarding the stabilizers?

I decided that they're a requirement for my purchase - unless the deal is soooo good that I can afford to add them.

Richard

You'll never regret that decision :)

I safely made the transition four years ago. ... Welcome!

I'm about ready to make the change also. Just need the right boat.

Good luck.

We did the jump about four years ago . Sailing on the river wasn't much fun . My sailing buddies wouldn't talk to me for a while but they got over it . Now they come over and hang out on the deck and sit in real chairs .

I'm a sailor who switched over to power. It's been a blast, you'll have fun. :thumb:
I'm thinking I'm not totally done with sail just yet though, perhaps a small 22' er when I'm 70. :dance:

oh & welcome to the Forum!! :)

Welcome aboard!

On a cold day, in your trawler's wheel house with your feet up, holding a hot cup of coffee while on auto pilot, give a courteous wave to the guy at the helm of his sail boat while he battles the elements. He'll thank you for it later when he crosses over to the dark side.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

On a cold day, in your trawler's wheel house with your feet up, holding a hot cup of coffee while on auto pilot, give a courteous wave to the guy at the helm of his sail boat while he battles the elements. He'll thank you for it later when he crosses over to the dark side.

Well said! :thumb:

We transitioned from sail to power 2.5 years ago. Love the trawler lifestyle! I actually have an article I'm writing about it that will be in the spring issue of Cruising Outpost magazine. It'll be called "Reflections from the Dark Side"...

Howdy, I'm about to switch also. I am actively looking now, but need to bring my boat back from Mexico to sell her. Good luck!

Cheers, Bill

Welcome to the forum.

We came over to the dark side about a year and a half ago.
The admiral is still impressed with having a real bed.

Welcome aboard. I don't know anything about a dark side my power boat has full 360 windows in the helm galley dinette area nothing dark about it compared to the typical SB cave. If you chose your boat carefully there will be no dark side.

Attachments

• mr main  cab.jpg
    mr main cab.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom