Classic frontal passage - 24 hrs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Classic, predictable frontal passage along the ACIW

Attachments

• 20150226_184418.jpg
    20150226_184418.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 147
Ha!! Almost made it all the way around!!

Anchor doing its job well..

Thanks to that shiny Dan/Sar/Man/Bru/Del/supreme anchor and all that other metal stuff!:thumb:
Or is your oversized mooring balls?

Last edited:
That's nice! you get to enjoy the view from every angle

Thanks to that shiny Dan/Sar/Man/Bru/Del/supreme anchor and all that other metal stuff!:thumb:
Or is your oversized mooring balls?

None of the above...I took the anchor off as I couldn't trust any of them based on TF expert members....so I just free fall about 600 feet of chain...it winds up in a heavier ball than my anchor used to be and it has better holding power...ESPECIALLY in Chesapeake mud....:D

None of the above...I took the anchor off as I couldn't trust any of them based on TF expert members....so I just free fall about 600 feet of chain...it winds up in a heavier ball than my anchor used to be and it has better holding power...ESPECIALLY in Chesapeake mud....:D

Ahhhh, but is it the right kind of chain? :)

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 97
If you did you should know that it has welded replacement links ;-)

Here ya go Ski...took 3 days though...

Attachments

• 20150228_072636.jpg
    20150228_072636.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 95

I do have one question; if you have an all chain rode with no anchor do you still need a snubber? :hide::hide:

I do have one question; if you have an all chain rode with no anchor do you still need a snubber? :hide::hide:

Absolutely, plus bridle with soft shackle and I use a 30 pound kellet to make sure the last 50 feet of chain really grabs well.

Oh, and don't forget s swivel at both ends.

Here ya go Ski...took 3 days though...

Ha!! So you sat there three days to get a full swing???!!!

J/k. Weather sucks up here, take your time.

I'm heading south in maybe a week or two- Filed for building permits and not jumping on the boat til that is all sorted. Not sure what I'm up against there.

Going around in circles might be a common theme.

Ha!! So you sat there three days to get a full swing???!!!

J/k. Weather sucks up here, take your time.

I'm heading south in maybe a week or two- Filed for building permits and not jumping on the boat til that is all sorted. Not sure what I'm up against there.

Going around in circles might be a common theme.
Spent some of the time filing taxes...so going around in a circle let felt normal.

Makes a lot of sense to get paid a government pension, get taxes taken out, file for refund only to have them send some back....circle?...heck an anchor circle seems simple after all that.

Hey what is the deal with Bennett Bros Marina up in Wilmington offering a weeks free dockage? May use it, if its for real and visiting family in town.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom