Steinbeck Vessel To Be Refloated By New Owner And Northwest Shipwrights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That could be a similar task to the one Hendo took on.
I`ve read a lot of Steinbeck, but not that one. Is it still in print?

I've never heard of or read that book either. My father was a casual friend of Steinbeck's, being a member of a writer's group that would meet occasionally at Steinbeck's place in Monterey. I "met" both Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts at at least one of these meetings when I was a baby. According to my mom, the wives/girlfriends of the writers would hang out in the kitchen while the writers talked and argued about stuff in the other part of the house. Ed apparently wasn't much interested in what John and the other writers were talking about so he hung out in the kitchen, too.

I checked. It exists,$14.11 from Amazon. I didn`t click the search result for "Bookslut", but it sounds interesting.

Beyond the Outer Shores is a good book about Ed Ricketts that I've read within the last ten years. I'm sure I received it for fathers day...

probably be cheaper just to copy it and build new. 2 million will turn out to just be the start.

That's my thinking, too. For 2m, the boat could be copied directly with everything NEW. The shipwrights would like it better, too. Build it right next to the old one. Reinstall old bronze hardware from old hull.

Rebuilding old rotten stuff is no fun. You will never get all of it no matter how much money you spend.

Get new hull built. Then go get an Atlas engine out of a museum.

Now we're talking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom