Got my new (non) trawler!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Opu

Vessel Name
Cheers
Vessel Make
Bayliner 32
I suspect the Bayliner 32 isn't considered a'true' trawler, but I thought I'd toot my horn anyway. 'Cheers' is a 1987 model with twin diesel (turbo Hinos) with radar, GPSMap and some other goodies. Delivered her yesterday from Long Beach to her new home in Oceanside; 50nm in 4-1/2 hours with some help from the down-coast current.

Coming from a Catalina 27 outboard with only a knot meter for instrumentation I have a bit of a learning curve to climb. I'm planning to enjoy every minute!

I'll try to post pix tomorrow evening. Oh, Cheers has a Danforth and stainless steel chain. :D

Enjoy your Bayliner, I really enjoy mine. Check out Bayliner's Owner's Club if you haven't. Lots of information there and folks are friendly.

I suspect the Bayliner 32 isn't considered a'true' trawler, but I thought I'd toot my horn anyway. 'Cheers' is a 1987 model with twin diesel (turbo Hinos) with radar, GPSMap and some other goodies. Delivered her yesterday from Long Beach to her new home in Oceanside; 50nm in 4-1/2 hours with some help from the down-coast current.

Coming from a Catalina 27 outboard with only a knot meter for instrumentation I have a bit of a learning curve to climb. I'm planning to enjoy every minute!

I'll try to post pix tomorrow evening. Oh, Cheers has a Danforth and stainless steel chain. :D

Congrats and post some pictures please

A Visit to Cheers

Took the Admiral and the grandkids for their first look at Cheers this afternoon. Admiral approved. Life is good. :D

Pics coming soon. Gotta figure out how to get them from the iPhone to the iPad. Technology is wonderful.
Oceanside

Congradulations

have fun.

Took the Admiral and the grandkids for their first look at Cheers this afternoon. Admiral approved. Life is good. :D

Pics coming soon. Gotta figure out how to get them from the iPhone to the iPad. Technology is wonderful.
Oceanside

Congratulations on the new boat.

I have not found a way to easily post pictures on this forum from iPad or iPhone, in fact I have not discovered a way to do it at all :confused:

I struggled with this as well until I downloaded the app from iTunes. Gotta have the app....

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

We had a 1985 3270 with 305 GM/Volvo power. We loved it, many great family memories from her. The advice to check out the Bayliners owners club is a great place to get specific questions answered, lots of knowledgeable owners. The Hinos are pretty bulletproof if properly cared for, the manicooler is aluminium and the coolant needs to be changed every two years to keep them in good condition, ceramic coating the manicoolers also helps. I have the non turbocharged EH700 6 cylinder Hinos in my 38. Good luck and congratulations on your new to you boat.

Congratulations on your new boat. It's a trawler if you want it to be. I also belong to a houseboat forum and my houseboat just happens to come to a point in the front.
Several members here, including myself, also belong to BaylinerOwnersClub.org.
It's a great group for technical advise.
I notice you came from a sailboat over to the dark side. Many of us converts are here also.
Anyway, congrats again and welcome to your new favorite forum.

Great boat for the cross-over. Cruise away!

BTW I think that to attach a pic to your post, you have to click the "attachments" button above the field in which you type your post, then "browse" to find the pic.

When replying to a post I think you have to click the "Go Advanced" button, then follow the above steps. But I have not tried it yet myself.

... or open a photobucket account, use their app to dump the pics from your idevice to the bucket, and then link to your pictures from any post made here ... like this ...

img_311286_0_2ae37228fe993fd58ca84a8fdb055bd2.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy that new boat!

Congrats! go slow you'll be trawlering!

Good advice to join BOC; I joined last fall and got some valuable info that proved useful during the search. PO took good care of the Hinos and they purr quite contentedly. Gotta do some piddly stuff, but I expected that. Admiral and grandkids already looking forward to overnighters (me too :D). Hoping to head to Avalon this spring.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's good to be here!
Oceanside

Congrats on the Bayliner 32'. My first "big boat" charter was a 3288 that I charted in the San Juan islands off the coast of WA. A fun boat. We spent a week on it and only had one scary moment and that was when we got caught in a whirlpool and were swung about 45*.

Congratulations , must be the week of the 32 footers:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom