Not a trawler boat accident ....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a shame because that was a nice arse SeaVee... Maybe he needed insurance money to get the new Z.

I really like his excuse.... "Couldn't see because of the dense fog,"
So who's he going to sue?

Interesting excuse, 40-50MPH in dense fog with in a narrow channel? Ha!!

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Capt. Don

I wonder if the driver has any clue how ridiculous he sounds. Dense fog, can't see? Well then run up the throttles to 50 mph.

But then I never understood those power boats with a chorus line of giant outboards stacked on the transom. I know lots of guys think they look cool or powerful, but that configuration always looks silly to me. Four 300's??

But then I never understood those power boats with a chorus line of giant outboards stacked on the transom. I know lots of guys think they look cool or powerful, but that configuration always looks silly to me. Four 300's??

Oh, I understand it. Speed. But my pockets aren't deep enough to play in that game.

Sounds like a really stupid excuse, but cross my heart and hope to die, I once saw a guy on TV who was being interviewed because he was in a chain-reaction collision on the interstate in heavy fog. The accident involved something like 20 cars. His explanation was--and I swear to God that this is the truth--he got into the fog and couldn't see, so he sped up to get through it as quickly as possible.

The stupidity of some people just knows no bounds.

Aw, c'mon, give the skipper a break. He just wanted to get a table for seven in the bar and he wanted it NOW! What a way to make a spectacular entry!

Apparently the pilot was a local charter cap'n, and that was not his boat. Gots some 'splainin to do...

4x300hp outboards. That's like Mr T's gold chains but for a boat. All class.

Last edited:
If I remember right my 23' Grady White with 2 Merc 150s (2 strokes) used to suck down 13-14 gph. I wonder what that boat consumes @ 50 mph?
Thank God it wasn't during a crowded Happy Hour at the bar.

Second twist is apparently the owner is personal injury attorney, and was on board for the wreck. Not sure who was at the helm...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom