This seems like a really good deal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a good deal. I would lose the blue stripes and most of the fixed fly house on top. If structure is sound and tanks and electrical and plumbing ok than great For the money.

N0 lower helm is a deal breaker for me, but looks very clean and well kept. A good buy for someone.

Wow....clean boat! That's a lot of stairs though.

N0 lower helm is a deal breaker for me, but looks very clean and well kept. A good buy for someone.

With a modern wireless remote control system you can run the boat from anywhere including the dock. So maybe you should rethink your position.

Why is this a good deal? The Tolly 34 is approaching 30 years old and of unknown condition. If it were a TT it would be selling for about $60K tops. The Yanmar diesels may or may not be in good working order. It is a repower, maybe some issues there too. Maybe it is a Hurricane Sandy vessel?

But all this negative stuff may be covering up a diamond, just like a few other old Tollies out there. What you say Art, you know this style pretty well?

Last edited:
Why is this a good deal? The Tolly 34 is approaching 30 years old and of unknown condition. If it were a TT it would be selling for about $60K tops. The Yanmar diesels may or may not be in good working order. It is a repower, maybe some issues there too. Maybe it is a Hurricane Sandy vessel?

But all this negative stuff may be covering up a diamond, just like a few other old Tollies out there. What you say Art, you know this style pretty well?

Well I said it "seems" like a good deal. I based that on just the ad and what the pictures show compared to other boats I have seen in printed ads priced similarly.

You are right it may not be, I have not seen the boat in person, like I said it "seems" like a good deal,and that's very subjective.

To fast for me, man was not designed to go that fast, speed can cause the vapors and make you ill. No faster then a horse walks. :thumb:

To fast for me, man was not designed to go that fast, speed can cause the vapors and make you ill. No faster then a horse walks. :thumb:

Not to worry, Scott. It's airboats that cause the vapors. You would be alright in this one.:D:D

Not to worry, Scott. It's airboats that cause the vapors. You would be alright in this one.:D:D

Thanks Don, As the Capt. of Speed I will take that as truth from experience.

Going to go burn a few gallons of diesel today with some friends, got to love the high today of 80 and sunny. Firefly needs to make a few turns to knock the dust off.

You still down the ditch in Ft. P ?

Thanks Don, As the Capt. of Speed I will take that as truth from experience.

Going to go burn a few gallons of diesel today with some friends, got to love the high today of 80 and sunny. Firefly needs to make a few turns to knock the dust off.

You still down the ditch in Ft. P ?

Well, Moonstruck is still in Ft. Pierce. It will probably be a couple of more weeks before getting back to her. I still want to get down to Biscayne Bay for several days.

The broker has it listed under the "sail" catagory :(

That puts about $40k value on the engine. Tollys around the early to mid 80s are selling anywhere from 30-40. If you go to the 70s than you can pick up a much lower priced vessel.

The 42 Krogen in that ad is interesting. As for the Tolly, a very good total refit/repower will get your boat moved to the front of the list, that's about it. It's still worth whatever any other good Tolly of it's vintage is worth, plus a little for being "done up".

I agree on the Kadey...I'd be more interested in that. Having had a 34' MT, I know how quickly a 34' shrinks once you start spending time on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom