LED shop lights from Costco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Rocks

Vessel Name
On The Rocks
Vessel Make
Gulf Star MKII
Was thinking of these for engine room, really good price but I wonder if they will run on 12 volts?

Feit Electric 4’ LED Shop Light
This 4ft. LED Shop Light requires no lamps to replace and lasts up to 50,000 hours. Perfect for hanging or flush mount installation. They are ideal for use in garages, basements, game rooms, or utility rooms. Easy plug-in fixture, no humming, ultra lightweight design, saves up to $275 in energy costs.

Features:
4’ LED Shop Light
Item # 73986
Actual Wattage: 38
Life Hours: 50,000
Lumens Per Watt: 97
Brightness (Lumens): 3700
Color Temp: 4100K
Packaging: includes 2 Shop Lights individually packed
Finish: White
Lens: Frosted
Bulb Type: LED
Usage: General Purpose & Task Lighting
Common Applications: Garages, Basements, Game Rooms, Utility Rooms
Energy Star: Yes
RoHS: No
Dimensions: 47.26" L X 4.9" W X 1.65" H
Life Years: 45.7
Volts: 120

What was the price on the Costco lights, may need to make a trip. Not for my boat but my garage.

Many 110 AC LEDs assemblies are not built around 12 VDC LED's. You may be stuck if you get rid of the transformer.

Here's a thread about engine room lights. Take a look at posts 5, 7 and 56. Nautibeaver put together some great engine room lights. Based on his experience, we did the same thing on Hobo and couldn't be happier. All 12 VDC. At the time, parts were about $18/ 3.3' light with some assembly required. :)

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/er-lights-14859.html

They are $89 for two online but my local store has two for $49

Wow! Nautibeaver did do a great job. Given the discussion here I think I'll steer clear of the 120 volt units. Thanks to all for ideas.

We installed 3 AC LED lights in the engine room for working while in the slip. Dramatic change, and they were just $20 ea at Home Depot. Next I'll change out the 2 12V fluorescents (they *suck*) to something like the superbrightleds that tmiller mentioned.

not nearly as cheap.. but I *know* these work and are good...

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-rocker-switch/1608/3562/#/tab/Specifications

I prefer these since they have variable voltage ability built in so you dont have to worry about power fluctuations killing them.. and they use less power and are BRIGHT!

I ordered as pair of the ones above last week, they arrived yesterday I plan to replace the two dome lights in the ER. Hopefully this weekend. They look good, I'll orient them to where they do the best job of lighting up the ER. It may take two more to do a good job we'll see where the shadows fall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom