Tollycraft Classic Boats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
42' Tolly Shaft Log

Hello I'm new to this site and need some help. We have a 1962 42' Tollycraft Adventurer. Lapstrack wood hull.

I need to find a set of blueprints for the boat. I know what I'm asking is a long shot, but I gotta at least try. Does anybody know where to get a set of blueprints for my boat? I tried Tolly (now Resource International), but they said they probably wouldn't have a set.

I need to make some costly repairs and would like to pre-manufacturer some of the parts from a blueprint.

Hello I'm new to this site and need some help. We have a 1962 42' Tollycraft Adventurer. Lapstrack wood hull.

I need to find a set of blueprints for the boat. I know what I'm asking is a long shot, but I gotta at least try. Does anybody know where to get a set of blueprints for my boat? I tried Tolly (now Resource International), but they said they probably wouldn't have a set.

I need to make some costly repairs and would like to pre-manufacturer some of the parts from a blueprint.

Yo kidd...

Congrats on owning a Tolly.

Guess you spoke with Gordon Graham, Resources International founder and current owner. He was Tollycraft's lead purchasing agent for a couple decades during Tolly's manufacturing heyday. I recommend calling to speak with Gordy if you haven't?? He's not too great at email communication!

Sign in to the forum (its free) and start a thread with your request on Tollycraft Forum. http://www.tollyclub.com/forums/forum.php There are a bunch of “decades ownership” Tolly gurus that do their best to answer needs. Also, use the search feature and place appropriate words or questions. Threre is a plethora of Tolly knowledge stored in the archives,

No matter how well manufactured a decades old boat was, it all has to do with care given by PO as well as break down conditions that simply, quietly develop. All types of boat building materials can get funky in areas as their age progresses... and... wood is surely susceptible to its many frailties. That said; dilapidated wood can always be removed and repaired with new wood!

Wish I had more to provide you regarding your 1962 42' Tollycraft Adventurer...

Happy Boating Daze & Good Luck! :thumb: :speed boat:

Tollcraft hulls?

Anyone know if a 73 Tollycraft 40 tri cabin is cored, Deck, hull side or bottom??

Craig - I'll ask for you in the Tolly forum. I also suggest you call Gordon Graham at Tolly Classified Home Page. If no answer... call again. He does not return all calls. He has a wealth of Tolly knowledge.

Gordon was Managing Purchasing Officer for Tollycraft for a couple decades. I think 1973 was during his term.

I believe 1973 40' hull, transom, and stringers have no wood. Stringers' FRP is laced into hull and dense foam was used in them for form only. Decks probably have balsa wood core with rigid top and bottom FRP. Superstructure exterior walls likely solid FRP... but, maybe be cored too.

Thanks Art. Its looking like an old Tolly is in my near future :banghead:

I've posted questions in Tolly Forum... post answer here if/when received.

Why beating head against wall; this thrust upon you in estate or something??

Ya should be smilen! :D

Last edited:
Art... after 30 od years in the boat repair biz you would think that I knew better, I stumbled on it a few weeks ago and couldn't sleep until I went to contract ... so now I have to adjust the learning curve and get working on her on my dime.

Art... after 30 od years in the boat repair biz you would think that I knew better, I stumbled on it a few weeks ago and couldn't sleep until I went to contract ... so now I have to adjust the learning curve and get working on her on my dime.

Weellll - Congrats!!!

Knowing boats as you do she must be in pretty good shape. Good $$$ deal I imagine?? Tolly's grow on ya quickly! Mr. Tolly built some fine pleasure cruisers. What's her power train?

Hey Craig - Here are first two replies from Tolly Forum.. You ought to join! I still recommend calling Tolly Guru - Gordon Graham... mentioned in post 34.
Cheers! Art :popcorn:

"Ours is a Dec 22/72: No core in the hull. Decks are balsa cored. Cabin sides, bulk heads and main cabin furniture is very good quality marine mahogany. Stringers are fiberglass with foam core with wood below engine mounts. Fore and aft cabin furniture is fir ply with paper surface."

And

"No core in the hull. Cabin sides and tops have plywood core. Side and fore decks also have plywood I think, not sure."

Last edited:
Good info, thanks for the leg work Art, I joined the Tolly forum under EMD , seems to be the place for user info, This old girl needs some major love and attention, I will keep you posted as I get deeper involved in the repairs, Thanks again Craig....

Good info, thanks for the leg work Art, I joined the Tolly forum under EMD , seems to be the place for user info, This old girl needs some major love and attention, I will keep you posted as I get deeper involved in the repairs, Thanks again Craig....

Craig

Tolly forum website underwent a "freshen-up" reconfiguration couple years ago. Didn't turn out too well. Site activity dropped way off. That said; there is plethora of info available from past threads/posts. I recommend using search feature. Also, there are still some gurus that frequent and most questions will be answered.

Best luck with your "new" 1973 40' Tolly tri.

Cheers! Art

Back
Top Bottom