What?! No forum for Trawler Racing?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup that's what we need here, recreational trawler racing. We already disagree enough on the definition of a trawler. Might as well argue about who shouldn't be allowed in the TF annual trawler races. :rolleyes:

Ted

Like watching speed walking without the skimpy shorts.

Yup that's what we need here, recreational trawler racing. We already disagree enough on the definition of a trawler. Might as well argue about who shouldn't be allowed in the TF annual trawler races. :rolleyes:

Ted

Ted, that's a good way to settle "discussions". I'm warming up the ol' Sabre now.

All race time recording to be done using a calendar instead of a stopwatch.

I have to admit to having engaged in some unofficial trawler racing.

It starts off shore, in the afternoon, heading for a small anchorage or mooring field.

Then you notice another trawler on a course that looks like they're heading for the same spot.

Whoever gets there first is likely to get the prime mooring, or the best spot to drop the hook.

The race is on!

Ok, the race is from the North Carolina to Bermuda. :)

Ted

A few years back there was an official trawler race, it may have been Newport News to Bermuda. I tried to get a spot as crew on a sweet little Seaton trawler but got bumped by much more experienced folks.

Greetings,
Mr. BL. So you didn't get a seat on the Seaton...Alas...
Jeepers, Flat out balls to the wall with a clean bottom I'm a hair over 10 knots. I'll admit defeat as beating the Lehmans isn't worth bragging rights.
obama_applause.gif

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. BL. So you didn't get a seat on the Seaton...Alas...

Ba-da-boom! :)

No. But if I had, the rest of the crew would have been calling me, "The Kid." It was certainly a "senior" crew.

Hey you joke about it, but back in the 60's they use to have an annual tug boat race thru the bridges in downtown Portland, Oregon. All the families of the crew got to ride along with an industry picnic to follow.

About as exciting as your typical sailboat race, but with more noise and smoke! I love it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom