My bid has been accepted...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LongJohn

Vessel Name
RedBoat
Vessel Make
MS 34T
oh crap! :eek:

can anyone from this auspicious group recommend a surveyor for a 34 foot sedan trawler in the Chicago area?

thanksalot

LongJohn, It's been too many years since I kept my boat up there to recommend anyone. I would recommend checking the approved Boat US list of surveyors and work off of that. Good ones are few and far between. I noticed you're around the corner from me. I'm on Tellico Lake, on the upper end. Just have a little fella now, Albin 27 FC, but love cruising this area. Watts Bar is a fantastic area, lots of gunkholing. I'll be back up there again this spring, as soon as this dang cold spell breaks. See you, Ben

I just had a survey done on a GB 42 I'm buying in Sturgeon Bay. I used the surveyor below:

Benjamin H. Miller, AMS
Principal Marine Surveyor
Insight Marine Service
316 Traders Point Lane
Green Bay, WI 54302

920-469-8169 Office
651-436-0913 Fax
920-621-5907 Mobile
BenMillerAMS@Gmail.com

He did a very good job and was reasonably priced. Highly recommend him....

It's scary when someone accepts your bid. Best of luck! :facepalm: :thumb:

Your first thought is, "OMG. . .they accepted our offer!!" :dance:

And the next morning:

The 2nd thought. . . "Maybe we offered too much?" :ermm:

Hope it works out for you!!

Your first thought is, "OMG. . .they accepted our offer!!" :dance:

And the next morning:

The 2nd thought. . . "Maybe we offered too much?" :ermm:

Hope it works out for you!!
It`s called "Buyers Remorse". Works for houses and cars, why not boats.

Congrats and best of luck

I wish someone would make me a bid to accept...

I bought my boat on the Mississippi River in Iowa and used the BoatUS site. There were several on the list I made from the Chicago area, I was very happy with the one I ended up using from south of the St. Louis area. Good luck on the survey, if it all works out if I was you I wouldn't miss the opportunity to cruise Lake Michigan. I delivered a boat to the Detroit River last year and really enjoyed all of the trip but Lake Michigan was the best. The owner wasn't in a hurry he said it was a once in a lifetime trip for him so we enjoyed the trip instead of rushing thru it. The least enjoyable was thru Chicago with the locks and tows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom