Newbies from afar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott and Malina

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Searching...
Greetings to all! We are newbies to the Trawler Forum and very interested in the trawler/live-aboard lifestyle to be quite honest. We are however, doing our due diligence and research in all aspects to come up with our future boat based on what we gather from folks like yourselves and all the resources that seem so abundant here and in many of the trawler lifestyle stories. I found this forum to be quite helpful in that research and I'm glad to be part of it. We are currently working and living abroad in the small Middle-east country of Bahrain, but we will be returning to our hometown in Jacksonville, FL in the next few years with plans to rejoin the boating community in a Trawler as it has been so decided. Although we (I) have been pouring over the go-fast sites looking for the next (Sport Yacht) boat, we, like a lot of folks, have come to appreciate the slower-paced, cruising way of life. Living overseas for the past 16 years has given us some perspective into that philosophy. In any case, that's our short term goal. In the meantime, we hope to gather much desired information regarding the various types of trawlers and live-aboards. We look forward to the process and thanks in advance for all the advice and information.

Scott & Malina :thumb:

Welcome aboard

Welcome and happy hunting.

Ah, the lovely shifting sands of Bahrain... been there during Desert Storm.

Liveaboard life is wonderful. It has it challenges, to be sure, but nothing that can't be overcome with tenacity and good attitude (and sometimes, an open wallet!).

Have fun with the search!

Ah, the lovely shifting sands of Bahrain... been there during Desert Storm.

Liveaboard life is wonderful. It has it challenges, to be sure, but nothing that can't be overcome with tenacity and good attitude (and sometimes, an open wallet!).

Have fun with the search!

Thank you Peter and by the looks of your signature, I'll probably have some questions that you could help with. I was also here in Desert Storm too, just liked it and decided to come back.

Scott and Malina

I'm told that Bahrain has changed significantly since I was there during Desert Storm as has Vietnam. I wish you the best of luck in the search for your dream. You've started in the right place! Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom