WTH did I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lifting the teak grate causes enough vibration to cause the float to drop?

Have seen where just stomping a foot will do it for awhile.

No, the gremlin runs away from the light of day when hatch is lifted. Simple explanation.

Greetings,
Mr. b. The solenoid was engaging every time. Currently (intended) I'm leaning towards the sticky brushes theory...

Back to the shower pump. Tried the chicken dance a number of times but the foot stomping did nothing, pump kept running. Lifting the grate gently as can be still stops the pump. Yes, learned about the ferrets on another forum and they do hide from daylight. That must be it.

Speaking of beasts in bilges, 15yr ago I had a wooden Harkers snapper boat, abt 33'. Leaky old thing, built in 1960. I was "down there" cleaning out bilge by reaching between stringers and ribs scraping out paint chips, oily gunk, gunk in general.

And something BIT MY HAND!!!

Talk about backing up fast out of the hole!!

Turns out it was a stone crab, juvenile.

Apparently in the fall I was running crab traps, and this little bugger made it out of the trap and out of view and into the bilge. This was spring so the critter spent all winter in the bilge.

He was healthy and apparently well fed. On what, well it's a 40yr old leaky wood boat. Smorgasbord, I guess. Was repatriated.

Just keep this in mind when you reach into dark places down there!!

One More

Hi all,
I recently had my fairly new hour meter stop working for no apparent reason. I checked all the connections, cleaning and tightening everything. The hour meter is still oos, but my tach is now working, after being out of the game for months.

This is on a sailboat, mind you, but we have our gremlins too. I will try again on the hour meter next trip to the boat (currently in Mexico).

Cheers, Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom