Fort Lauderdale restaurant recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
My wife is flying with me to Fort Lauderdale this Saturday the 14th, and then we are getting a ride to Indiantown to pick up the boat and take a little cruise to Sneed Island.

I want to take her to an interesting restaurant with a view for lunch in Lauderdale. Something within taxi distance of the airport. We also have to pick up a few things at West Marine, so something in that general area would be a bonus.

Any ideas? Doesn't need to be fancy, but a view of some water and outside seating would be nice. This will be our Valentines lunch since there isn't much in Indiantown at night.

15th Street Fisheries.

LOTS of places to eat on the water in Lauderdale. But if you want to stay close to the airport and the Ft. Laud West Marine? Both Southport Raw Bar (laid-back OLD-TIME Ft. Lauderdale) and Bimini Boatyard are good..but for the best views? Either 15th Street Fisheries (like Oliver said) or Grille 66 (at Pier 66).

Greetings,
Mr. 01. Yes, Mr. 4712's suggestion works. Quite small outdoor eating area but prime view of the dock if they happen to dump the kitchen scraps (probably fish guts and such) while you're there. GIANT (could be upwards of 150Lbs+) tarpon, several in fact, erupt for their lunch. Foods pretty good but IF you want "interesting", and I don't know about the food, I would suggest The Elbow Room. Patio Cam - Elbo Room You're basically sitting on the sidewalk right at the corner of Los Olas and US-1 (if I recall correctly) but there's a good view of the beach and it's associated "eye candy". One very short block west along Los Olas is The Quarterdeck Restaurant pretty good food, no view but nice seating in gliders outside.

[QUhOTE=kraftee;307317]LOTS of places to eat on the water in Lauderdale. But if you want to stay close to the airport and the Ft. Laud West Marine? Both Southport Raw Bar (laid-back OLD-TIME Ft. Lauderdale) and Bimini Boatyard are good..but for the best views? Either 15th Street Fisheries (like Oliver said) or Grille 66 (at Pier 66).[/QUOTE]

South Port has some kick arse wings, but they aren't on the ICW. Pier 66 just reopened and is all brand new.

Last edited:
Yep. What those guys said. BTW, Southport also has outstanding chowder and a great Mahi Sandwich (yeah, I know, EVERYBODY in South Florida has a great Mahi Sandwich!) It's not on the ICW - just the end of a long canal - but I love the funky atmosphere - and I have been going there for more than 40 years...

Great. Thanks guys. Those all look like good choices. I'll think let her pick. ;-)

Can't vouch as haven't eaten in either Southport or 15th Street in years....but lived on my sailboat half way between them back in the early 80s.....couldn't get any better...

15th St had free pitchers of liquor drinks for 2 hrs one or 2 days a week for happy hour. Southport had a dirt cheap fried fish dinner with a pitcher for peanuts.. And both within staggering distance....guess which days my Coastie buddies showed up...:D

15th Street for location and view. Southport for cruisin' flavour.

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm, pitchers of liquor drinks sounds good, but dangerous.

Yeah. Nothing free anymore. ?

Coconuts is has pretty good food, and a good location. There is a view from the terrace.

I second Moonstruck's suggestion, really good food, not far from Bahia Mar

Thanks again everyone, but unfortunately our plans have changed.

The yard at Indiantown launched the boat this afternoon and the stuffing box packing job they did is leaking like a sieve they said. Actually they said it's something else but we shall see.

We had to cancel plans and will do it later this month I guess.

I miss the old "Shooters". The newly remodeled "Shooters" has great views but little else to offer.

Cardude01, we are considering moving our boat to Indiantown but havent figured out the logistics....how are you guys traveling from ft lauderdale to indiantown? Taxi?

When you do get to go:
15th St Fisheries
Coconuts
Quarterdeck on Dania beach

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Cardude01, we are considering moving our boat to Indiantown but havent figured out the logistics....how are you guys traveling from ft lauderdale to indiantown? Taxi?

When you do get to go:
15th St Fisheries
Coconuts
Quarterdeck on Dania beach

I had a town car and driver arranged with Family Car Service. Not cheap at $195 but a taxi was about the same. Would be cheaper to get to Indiantown from WPB airport but the flights were more expensive.

Good to know and thanks for the quick response. Were they going to pick you back up from indiantown when your trip was done for the same rate?

No we were going to move the boat to Sneed Island boatworks so we were flying out of Tampa. I was planning to get a taxi from Sneed Island to Tampa.

There is a guy in Indiantown who will take you to WPB for $50. FYI.

Back
Top Bottom