San Diego area dive service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyrcooler

Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Now that we finally have our boat in San Diego - I need to set up bottom cleaning/zinc checks-replacement. Looking for recommendations from our local TF members. The marina recommended a couple names. Seeking validation or options since we are new boat owners in the area.

Any feedback on:

Shelter Island Diving service
Or Mike Pease

Thanks!

Now that we finally have our boat in San Diego - I need to set up bottom cleaning/zinc checks-replacement. Looking for recommendations from our local TF members. The marina recommended a couple names. Seeking validation or options since we are new boat owners in the area.

Any feedback on:

Shelter Island Diving service
Or Mike Pease

Thanks!

Mike Pease is a friend and a colleague, as well as a fellow board member of the California Professional Divers Association. As good as you will find.

Looking for recommendations from our local TF members. The marina recommended a couple names. Seeking validation or options since we are new boat owners in the area. !
I have tried several dive companies over the years and finally settled on "Dockside Divers." Brian is the owner and has been terrific the past 8 years. I won't use anyone else.

Dockside Divers - Hull Cleaning San Diego CA

I have talked with these folks, seemed like good people. They serviced the boat I have now prior to me, been on stands for a year fixing things up, bottom looked nice for 40 year old boat. New bottom paint next week and we back in the saddle again after MAJOR refit. I have no skin in this game but here is a link, maybe other locals can chime in and comment on reputation.
Da Kine Diving Services - Da Kine Diving Services: Your solution for San Diego Diving Services

Good morning! Any other San Diego members around to weigh in this morning? I appreciate the couple that have weighed in.

Thanks!

Be aware: had a friend in our yacht club marina in San Diego, with a 58' Offshore that was a "slip-hugger." The diver figured that out and only gave the boat a "rim job." After months of neglect, my friend took the boat out and could not get it up to speed. Turns out, he had "trees" growin' on the hull. A lesson learned.

Be aware: had a friend in our yacht club marina in San Diego, with a 58' Offshore that was a "slip-hugger." The diver figured that out and only gave the boat a "rim job." After months of neglect, my friend took the boat out and could not get it up to speed. Turns out, he had "trees" growin' on the hull. A lesson learned.

So what's your point? That there are unscrupulous hull cleaners? That's true in any profession, even yours. Why do you think the OP is here asking for referrals?

My point is the situation may be more prevalent in this area due to the number non-resident boaters.

Thanks all for the input. As a coincidence, I was drinking coffee and enjoying the morning yesterday and watched a diver enter our fairway in a small center console skiff. After watching him go to work on several boats, I made contact. Turns out it was Mike Pease. Talked with him for a bit and decided to give him a shot.

So there you go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom