Trawler Canvas appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
It's a rarity here in the Southeast, but from time to time, I'll see what I'd call a complementary work in canvas art. *A friend of mine sent me a photo of some work he was doing on his boat, and this was in the background. *It looks more PNY than it does Florida, but I think it really complements the boat. * Tuggish, I'd say.

-- Edited by healhustler on Sunday 14th of November 2010 07:46:37 PM

Attachments

• great canvas.jpg
    great canvas.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 77
The roof is solid/permanent so just the canvas rolls up to make open.***

Our canvas rolls up so the stern and pilot house can be open during the summer and nice days during the winter.** During the 3 to 4 weeks of hot summer weather I take them off as when they are rolled up in the hot sun the sun tends to damage the plastic.* Our canvas is like 90% clear plastic to let in as much day light as possible.

You know, this post made me think of this boat that I saw on YW a while ago. The canvas job kind of caught my attention enough to save the pics! :D The canvas job may have cost more than the boat! ;)
img_30692_0_bc9516438dbeb231482ea769f0ca3e92.jpg

img_30692_1_46e59e7c22f1750922c5bb657175af4e.jpg

They must have some serious, serious aversion to sun.

I am kind of surprised their dingy on the transom doesn't have a full camper enclosure as well! :)

Woodsong wrote:

I am kind of surprised their dingy on the transom doesn't have a full camper enclosure as well! :)
OMG!!!*I'm sure the dinghy canvas is on order.*
disbelief.gif

It may belong to someone in the canvas business, or to a very enthusiastic amateur in things canvas.

Imagine trying to dock that in a cross wind

Gives meaning to the saying, "the rich tapestry of life, captured on canvas.......

The only 3 things I can imagine are either
A) owner is a canvas shop owner and went crazy on the canvas.

B) Owner or owner's spouse has a skin condition that requires them to not be exposed to the sun. In that event I'd feel bad for kind of poking fun at this boat!

C) it is owned by a breed of boating vampires that MUST avoid sun exposure, yet they love being on the water, so...what's a vampire to do?!

Seriously- what is that, about a $30k canvas job? I really do wish the tender had an enclosure though to make it match the mother ship better! :)

P.S. BTW, I LOVE the green canvas job posted at the start of this thread!!

Woodsong wrote:

You know, this post made me think of this boat that I saw on YW a while ago. The canvas job kind of caught my attention enough to save the pics! :D The canvas job may have cost more than the boat! ;)
Looks like a Cajun duck blind!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom