LED's, thus far.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
We installed them maybe a month ago, can't remember but have been happy with them thus far, and real,t like the color and brightness. Money well spent. Also got a Cree bulb at HD for the lamp too. Just have to order 4 bayonets for the two wall lamps in the salon and MSR reading lamps. Heads look cool whit because of white finish but look nicer in real life.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454869.812876.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454883.809957.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454898.879286.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454915.268505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454927.232074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454941.318774.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454955.395429.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423454968.653004.jpg

I wish you where closer to me. I would like to sit down under one and read a book and see if that light and these old eyes get along. I think I am going to take the plunge on Florance and go all LED. 32 volt stuff is getting too hard to find.

Wow, led's or not, beautiful interior

I wish you where closer to me. I would like to sit down under one and read a book and see if that light and these old eyes get along. I think I am going to take the plunge on Florance and go all LED. 32 volt stuff is getting too hard to find.

We just changed our bulbs, not the fixtures. What do you have for fixtures?

I have to old screw in bulbs - the actual change of bulbs/ fixtures is not what worries me.
LED flashlights , while brighter than my old style flashlight, do not give me as good illumination. something to do with old eyes. So, I wonder about changing to LED in the boat. Will I see as well. Nothing to do with the lights themselves for the most part. Just a question of what works for me.

And yes beautiful boat. Love the pics.

Really nice looking, Oliver. Gotta love those LEDs!

I have to old screw in bulbs - the actual change of bulbs/ fixtures is not what worries me.
LED flashlights , while brighter than my old style flashlight, do not give me as good illumination. something to do with old eyes. So, I wonder about changing to LED in the boat. Will I see as well. Nothing to do with the lights themselves for the most part. Just a question of what works for me.

The fixtures I have are about or just 3" round, and use back pin G-4 style pins. The fixtures run about $35. Add leds ~20. Imtra makes the fixtures, I would check out their website, they have a vast range of lights.

Thanks all for the complements!

Hopefully we'll be able to use the boat next weekend, Bimini is in the cards. Plus it's a long weekend. I've found the boat to look much better when cruising vs at the dock. :)

I must have purchased the wrong LED cause the whiter than white color sucks as interior illumination.

I must have purchased the wrong LED cause the whiter than white color sucks as interior illumination.

Yeah you did. Warm white for most areas. Look for about 3000 K.

Yes, then have to replace it two months later.

Better off getting the good ones and not ever having to worry.

I'm not worried. What are the "good" ones?? They're likely all made in China.

Good ones? Me too...I bought cheapos and they have lasted a year as a liveaboard...with a lot of use....even underway with the high alternator voltage. Let you know next year if it was a mistake.

I Also have bright white in some places people wouldn't because my girlfriend with diminished eyesight finds the bright white better for contrast and seeing things. For sitting and reading a halogen or the shoulder table lamp is used.

But I do agree the bright whites remind me of an operating room or the USCG hangar floodlights to work on the helos....they wouldn't be a choice if I had one.

My ER is lit with cool white LEDs for maximum brightness.

All living areas have the warm white LEDs for a more comfortable brightness level.

Buy one and try it, maybe a couple of different characteristics, warm/blue/cool etc. I had E27 screw mounts, found bulbs to suit, not perfect but 5 replacements draw less than one replaced 25w bulb.
Cataract lens surgery helps too.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom