View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #42
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
I'm feeling a little disconnect here and have some concern. You speak of working 9 to 5 and house payments but then your price limit on the boat is $25-40,000 and looking at boats in Florida would put your budget through the roof. Meanwhile your goal it to get the boat and travel. I'm a bit concerned for two aspects. First, have you included the time and costs of getting the boat ready for travel? Second, how have you budgeted the costs of living aboard and traveling and not having the 9 to 5 job? The costs only start with the initial purchase. Living gets less expensive only if you don't go anywhere and even then there are the basic marina costs and general maintenance. Have you sat down with someone experienced and budgeted for cruising? Just because the engines survey well initially doesn't mean they will remain that way and one major expense could be devastating. Hopefully you have it all worked out with information we don't have and that's fine if you do. I was just concerned based on what you've shared.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote