Painting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronald

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tra Sea Time
Vessel Make
1989 Marine Trader 38 DC
Not long ago I posted on this forum about considering painting my trawler. I had estimates from a partial paint job of $5000.00 to a complete boat of $50,000.00. The boat is an 89 model, in very good condition and it seemed to my wife and I a good idea to invest in the upgrade. Seeking advice from members of this forum turned out to be one of the smartest things I have done in a while. Several people responded and the take away was save your money and try having a professional compound and wax the boat.
When we pulled the boat this year I did just that. Hired a crew from the boatyard. They looked at the hull carefully and said the gel coat was in good enough shape they felt they could accomplish a decent result. Would not be perfect, but decent. Two men worked two days on the hull and charged me $600.00. They did five square feet to start and ask me to look and see what I thought. It was way better than I expected. When I returned home , my marina buddies were amazed , said it looked like a good paint job. Know it will need attention every year, but for that price it is well worth the money.
Although I don't post much on this forum I do read it everyday. I would like to thank you all for providing good advice and interesting reading. I have leaned a great deal and do appreciate the input.

And me too.
I'd been thinking the same as you down the road, but when I read your thread, furgetaboutit.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom