Has Anyone Seen My Ideal Boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seasalt007

Guru
Vessel Name
Aweigh
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
Here is what I want:

About 50' give or take.

Fiberglass hull with a fiberglass or wood superstructure.

No Fly Bridge

Two levels:

Lower level has a stateroom and head aft and a stateroom and head forward. Between the staterooms there is a large engine room with a single diesel sitting in the middle of the stand up room.

Main level has a steering station followed by the galley and a large salon opening to an aft deck sitting area.

I want to keep it simple. A generator is necessary but central A/C and heat are not. Three or four roof airs would work.

I saw one of these about 12 years ago in Biloxi, MS. It was built as a long liner and converted to a very basic pleasure boat. I had another boat at the time so I couldn't swing it.

Does anyone know where to find something like this? I look in Boats and Harbors occasionally but have not seen anything interesting.

Here is what I want:

About 50' give or take.

Fiberglass hull with a fiberglass or wood superstructure.

No Fly Bridge

Two levels:

Lower level has a stateroom and head aft and a stateroom and head forward. Between the staterooms there is a large engine room with a single diesel sitting in the middle of the stand up room.

Main level has a steering station followed by the galley and a large salon opening to an aft deck sitting area.

I want to keep it simple. A generator is necessary but central A/C and heat are not. Three or four roof airs would work.

I saw one of these about 12 years ago in Biloxi, MS. It was built as a long liner and converted to a very basic pleasure boat. I had another boat at the time so I couldn't swing it.

Does anyone know where to find something like this? I look in Boats and Harbors occasionally but have not seen anything interesting.

assuming you are looking in Boats and Harbors, workboat finish to pleasure use is OK and the yachtie look is just icing?

Not fiberglass but I like it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 70
Can't do two at once .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 75
Of course you like it! It's just a bigger "William".

Is Fa Tee K a converted oyster lugger?

Is Fa Tee K a converted oyster lugger?
It's home port is New Orleans . It was for sale a couple years ago . I know it's a lugger . I love the covered deck .

Not fiberglass but I like it

I can name that boat!
She was tied to the dock at Salty's in Madisonville on the Tchefuncte River for quite a while. I never saw anyone on board. LOVED the lines of the girl.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Well you could always plop a RV bedroom trailer on our aft deck , its 15 ft to play with.

I particularly admire the nav light color scheme for the boat's name. Remember seeing her at the wooden boat show a few years ago - doesn't mean she's wood, lots of wood and otherwise craft wind up there for the weekend. I don't see a lot of these conversions in this stretch of coast, but they are around and, by exterior eyeball, pretty well done. Here's one Used 1984 Custom Trawler Biloxi Lugger, Biloxi, Ms - 36561 - BoatTrader.com

Too bad the Biloxi Lugger's hull is made from real trees. Except for that and the bench seating I could go for that boat.

Sorry - missed the FG qualification in your post. Still like the boat a lot! 'Course, there aren't a whole lot of boats I do not like, one way or another.

If you can find Gumbo on yachtworld , it is for sale also . It has an 18 ft beam but it is wood also . This one is up the east coast . I think if you type in mobley and trawler on YW you can find it .

I have got to have plastic trees in the hull. My momma didn't raise any fools.

BEWARE THE POLLEYESTER MITES !!

And the Blister Bubbles Gremlins.

Back
Top Bottom