anacortes wa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is an easy drive for you and allows you to see for yourself. Oh, Cap Sante is the best. :ermm:

looking for feed back on marinas in anacortes wa

I recommend what Sunchaser suggests and drive up one day and check them out.

Cap Sante is the largest marina in Anacortes. It is very well run by (I believe) the city. I have no idea what the current occupancy is or the length of the waiting lists for the different sizes of slips. Most marinas have websites with this information on them somewhere.

There are several, smaller private marinas in Anacortes. Some of them offer boathouses or covered moorage.

The only other larger marina I'm somewhat familiar with is Skyline over the hill to the west of the main part of town. Years ago we used to launch our 17' fishing boat there using their fixed sling-in system. Skyline is not as convenient to downtown Anacortes as Cap Sante.

looking for feed back on marinas in anacortes wa
Anacortes is a fun town and fun place to have a boat.:thumb:

Port of Anacortes, Cap Sante marina is the newest, with new docks about 2 years ago. But it's also the most expensive. $600 for a 46' slip and $800+ for a 52' slip and climbing. It has had management issues lately and a string of different Harbor Masters and personnel. Quite a few of our patrons fled to other marinas or took advantage of the dry storage that has flourished in the area, as a stop gap, until they find other accommodations. Cap Sante is one of the few marinas that offers guest and seasonal moorage.

Anacortes Marina less than a mile away to the South, is somewhat older, but is modern and a well run marina. It has nice docks and some covered moorage. (This is where I will move once a slip comes opens!)

Skyline Marina is all private and on the West side of Anacortes, closer to the San Juan Islands and the Straits of Juan de Fuca and Rosario straits. Nice docks but further out of downtown. They offer haulout and repair services on site. I don't know anything about their rates.

Anchor Cove Marina - all private, with both open and covered moorage. It is right on Guemes Channel about 6 blocks West of downtown and next to the Guemes Island Ferry terminal. Older but docks look nice. Tidal current through the marina can make docking a challenge even with twins. Really roars on big tidal changes.

There are a few other smaller marinas and condo marinas around. But I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Good Luck

Last edited:
We stayed a Cap Sante 3 nights last Sept. Very nice and well run.

Does the $600 include power?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Power is generally a pass thru- you pay for what you use.

We stayed a Cap Sante 3 nights last Sept. Very nice and well run.

Does the $600 include power?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Yeah, it's a nice marina. well located and the staff is helpful. The $600 is what mine runs. but your slip fee will be based on the overall dimensions (footprint), including bow pulpit and swim step/dingy, of your boat and no hangover allowed. It includes Lease Holder tax, city and state tax, and a basic electrical power fee (whether you use it or not).

Each slip has it's own water and power, both 30 and 50 amp service and power meter. Water and garbage are included, but electrical usage above a small monthly allowance is not. Your electrical meter is read and any additional charge appears on your monthly statement. I'm not sure what the monthly allowance is, but I left the water heater on during the freezing weather and had an additional $10 charge on the statement, so it couldn't be much.

Last edited:
We are finishing our second year at Anacortes Marina. The facilities are quite nice and well maintained. It is gated and has a 24-hour security presence and is an easy walk to a very nice Greek cafe, hardware store, and grocery store. The slips are managed by the marina but are owned by other and are leased on a yearly basis from the owner. There is fuel, pumpout, and a travellift available. Many of the boats are charter boats and it gets busy in the summer. The boats there seem to be well maintained. The dock ramps are a real adventure at a low tide, though. If you needed to change a bunch of 8D batteries or 300' of anchor chain you'd want to go over to Cap Sante for the loading.
We have spent some time at Cap Sante over the years and like it a lot, but the docks are not gated and they have no covered moorage. We had a slip there but moved to Anacortes Marina when a covered slip opened up.
Boating is just about the main industry in Anacortes so there are very good services available through several yards and mobile contractors, and there are several forum members that could share recommendations.
We plan a 4-hour drive from Vancouver WA so Boring will be close to 5 unless you hit Seattle between 3 and 6 either direction.

I used to keep my 40' boat (single screw) at Cap Sante Boat Haven. Nice to be close to West Marine, hardware and grocery but found getting into and out of my shared slip challenging when the wind was up. I'm now at Anchor Cove Marina (private and gated, covered moorage, work shop, laundry and showers). I have my own slip space which makes it easy for single hand docking. You need to pay attention to the current on Guemes Channel but not a real issue since I have a bow thruster. Can't say what I pay (rent to slip owner) but it's considerably less than any other marina in the area. Also a fine community of mostly experienced boat owners.

Back
Top Bottom