View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #151
eyschulman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxx3 View Post
What?

At best, this design appeals to folks who want a sail boat. And guess what, for the money, they buy a really nice SAIL BOAT.

Thanks.
I am and always have been on the side of sail for long blue water use. It has to do with my perception of sea keeping abilities comfort and general safety and yes there is also economy even under power a sail boats long thin hull is efficient. Not all sea going sail boats have to be heavy clam crusher types many lighter modern designs including multi hulls have more than proven there blue water ability. So why the trawler for blue water? I can only make some guesses. Some people for various reasons are not familiar with sail or up for dealing with the sails and rig, others want or need more cottage in there boat volume home comforts big windows particularly while on hook or dock etc.. It comes down to the ubiquitous matter of personal preference. But I will still say the well found sail boat is better suited for the blue water use and that is no secret the very vast majority of pleasure boat ocean hopers are and have been sail boats. Trawlers are new kids on the block.
eyschulman is offline   Reply With Quote