Webasto FCF Air Conditioning Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autoteacher

Vessel Name
Paradox
Vessel Make
Mainship
Webasto FCF Air Conditioning Unit - Cool with Reverse Cycle Heat
16,000 BTU Cooling / Heat, Power: 115 Volt AC, Rotatable Blower

Anyone have positive or negative comments on your experience with these units? Looking to install two to replace very old marine air units. Defender has best price this month so far.

I'm looking at them also....good company...

But I have no experience with their air conditioners.

Last time I heard them commented on here...it was favorable but not enough info to really sway me.

I'm sure you will get a lot of recommendations on other ACs though ;)

I installed a 16k and a 9k on 3/14. They have performed flawlessly. I don't like the wireless remote control, but it is not needed due to the wired standard control. We are full time liveaboards with flat rate electricity, so they get run alot. Installation was straight forward. Only complaint I have was when I picked them up at west marine(port supply), they had them sitting on their sides. I almost refused shipment.

If you have a specific question, let me know

Scott

Bought 3 of the 12,000 btu units to replace existing ones in my trawler. As already mentioned, the units look to be of good quality and the installation was quite easy. Have no experience yet running them as my boat is still in the yard.

Regarding price, best deals can generally be found during the October boat show period. My best price came from imarineusa.com at $1,080 per unit including free shipping (16,000 btu units are about $100 more expensive).

Ted

Have one, like it...observation...seems to need barnical buster or acid treatment more often that I think is approiate. Maybe upsize the raw water tubing or better yet plumb in pickup and discharge to make this routine maintaince easier.

adding a source of copper to strainer is being talked about to prevent growth in sea water coolant hoses. ??????

I put a 9000BTU (?) unit on my Sea Ray. I like the fact it had a digital control, ran well and would cause snow to fall inside the cabin, well OK no snow but I like it. Was easy to install.

Webasto

Have two seasons of flawless operation on my 16K unit. You might consider the Mermaid "Condensator" to drain the pan. The original A/C install dumped condensate into the bilge; didn't want to go that route again. Make sure that your duct work and vents meet the Webasto specs. I had to increase the return air grill size by more than 50%. Can't comment on barnacle build up as we're freshwater boaters. Bought it from a place in Ohio and they were far cheaper than Defender. Can't tell you the name of the place as it's in the maintenance log which is on the boat, which is shrink-wrapped on the hard.

RickH

webasto fcf 16

Currently replacing my aging cruiseair (20+ years) units with webasto 16k platinum 230v. Exact footprint made it easy replacement. Went to a boat show couple of months ago and the sound was extremely quiet. Started first unit up and worked except the electrical panel was sending 230v to my 115v cooling pump. Need to contact webasto so i get 115v out to power the pump. Wired pump to a cord and plugged into outlet for testing but the a/c unit worked quite well. Actually the unit is reverse cycle but still worked well in heating or cooling. Wife liked the ease and installation was a breeze, plug and play as I say. Pleased so far. Installing my 2nd unit.

Like my 3 units, although the on / off non adjustable differential can be 4 degrees. Thermostat thinks in C and converts to F plus or minus 2 degrees. Set it for 72 and sometimes get 68.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom