Miami Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Thinking about going to the Miami boat show next week. Have a list of things to look for at the show, not planning to look at boats. So I'm assuming that I will mostly be at the convention center. Want to avoid the crowds as much as possible. Was planning on driving over from Fort Myers for just one day. Is Thursday (premium day) generally more or less crowded? Any other advise for attending?

Thanks

Ted

Ted,
We are planning to go Feb 12-13. The first day, I think we will be over at Collins Ave (which is free) and then on Feb 13, we will be at the convention center.
The convention center and tent out back are a lot of area to cover. I make a list and then mark the program of the primary vendors.
Get there early as parking can be a nightmare.

Ted, Thursday is usually less crowded. Last day, Monday, is also a slow day but everyone working the show is pretty burned out. Sometimes prices drop on Monday so stuff doesn't have to be shipped back. If you wait for Monday to buy that gadget you want, it might be sold out. Stop by my booth and say hi. I can't remember the booth number but it will be in the guide book.

Who else is coming to the show?

Looks like were going to maybe miss it, long weekend and we're going to try and head to Bimini weather permitting. If not we might go down to Marine Stadium and anchor out and dinghy in.

Parks: Will my favorite Rocna rep be there? According to some of our guests the mini Rocna he gave me is quite effective.

Last edited:
I'll be there Friday & Saturday. More interested in gadgets than boats. Hopcar I'll stop in.

we will be there

Oliver, I think Gary will be working the show. Rocna is going to have a booth in the tent. He'll probably be there. Darrell is going to work the Gill booth over at the sailboat show. I usually wander around.

"If not we might go down to Marine Stadium and anchor out and dinghy in."
I've often thought about taking a small boat up that canal that runs on the north side of the convention center. I usually see several small dinghies in there during the show.

Windmill, I'll try to stock up on Gadgets for you. How are you fixed for Do Hickies?

HopCar will most likely stop by and say hi on Thursday.

Ted

Oliver, I think Gary will be working the show. Rocna is going to have a booth in the tent. He'll probably be there. Darrell is going to work the Gill booth over at the sailboat show. I usually wander around.

"If not we might go down to Marine Stadium and anchor out and dinghy in."
I've often thought about taking a small boat up that canal that runs on the north side of the convention center. I usually see several small dinghies in there during the show.

Windmill, I'll try to stock up on Gadgets for you. How are you fixed for Do Hickies?

Gadgets, Do Hickies, whatchamacallits, and thingamabobs, the more toys the better. At 8knots, I need things to play with and look at from to-to-time.

This will be an interesting Miami Show. It will be the last show at this existing facility, the Convention Center is coming down and being replaced and they have re-allocated a lot of the spaces inside the convention center. A dozen rows of accessory manufacturers are being moved outside to a tent and those spaces being taken by boat manufacturers. Next year the plan is to have the Show at the Marine Stadium, can't wait to see how that's going to work.

I'll be working in the "new and improved" accessory tent, booth 3209, all day every day.

Safe travels and enjoy the show :thumb:

Keys, what are you selling in 3209?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom