View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #165
Baker
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I have to agree!! I have just replaced injector nozzles and had my injector pump reconditioned in the last 2 weeks due to water in the fuel. Not a cheap exercise or a lesson that I want to learn again. Cost aside, it happened during one of the best summers we have had in years and I lost 2 weeks of boating time and that was extremely frustrating. The only saving grace was that the engine stopped while we were back in port and I therefore did no need an expesive tow back in.

Our primary griffin filter (equivalent to Racor) was originally located in really hard place to inspect on a regular basis, as it required all floor coverings (3 layers) and then the floor panels to be lifted. As part of the repairs, I have now had the filter moved to a much more accessible position so that the bowl can be checked easily and drained if necessary without all of the previous hassles.
How did the water get into the fuel???? My water incident trashed two injectors so I went ahead and replaced all of the injectors on that side.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote