View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #47
BlueYonder

City: MD
Vessel Name: Blue Yonder
Vessel Model: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
OK guys here it is. I did not want to take over this thread. Maybe this will put it to bed.

Battery Saga
Hey BlueYonder,

Here it is. I live an 11 hour drive from my boat. Because of obligations at home, I may be away from the boat for fairly long periods.

I hired a crew of "ladies" to detail the boat. I never leave the air conditioners running. When I got to the boat time before last the air conditioning cooling water pump was running. Well, the "lady" came by for money, and I asked about the A/C being on. She said that it was only on for a couple of days. I showed her moss growing under the outlet. That had never happened before,. They weren't through. So, I told her to stay out of the electrical box, and turn no switches.

When I got back to the boat last time, several switches had been turn on, and the battery charger had been turned off. The house bank consisting of 2 LifeLine AGM 8d batteries was completely flat. Absolutely no register on any meter. I tried several days to do a reconditioning charge, but they would only accept about a 60% charge. Even with lite loading they would be down to 50% in about an hour. They were trashed.

We had planned a 10 day cruise down to Biscayne Bay and the upper Keys. I had to order the batteries, put flag terminals on them. By that time it was too late to go.

I fired the "ladies", and changed the lock on the boat. What a disaster.

Don
You forgot to include the part about the UFOs
BlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote