Here's a Cutie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickB

Guru
Vessel Make
CHB 48 Zodiac YL 4.2
They don't get much cuter than this guy. Seen at Rybovich, West Palm Beach this afternoon.

Attachments

• fred1.jpg
    fred1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 354
  • fred2.jpg
    fred2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 229
  • fred3.jpg
    fred3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 188
  • fred4.jpg
    fred4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 246
  • fred5.jpg
    fred5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 418
That's a real ocean voyager. I'll take it!!!

I saw an article on her not long ago. I think she was a Norwegian ice class vessel that had been turned into a charter yacht. Beautiful, but I'd rather have Delfin's ship!

-- Edited by Daddyo on Thursday 11th of November 2010 10:33:37 PM

Boy there has been some serious money spent there.
I would love to see inside

Allan

"RS 77 Fredrikstad" was launched in 1968. **She was built as a SAR vessel for the Norwegian Sea Rescue Society . During her 20 year service for us, she saved 11 lives from a "certain death" and the same number of ships from sinking/wrecking. She stood down from service 1988 and was gutted out, deckhouse stretched and transformed into a yacht.
These days all the old displacement rescue vessels have been sold out. By today's standards they were too slow and costly to operate.
The first SAR vessel (Redningsskøyte in Norwegian)*the NSSR built* was the "RS 1 Colin Archer" in 1893.
Today's SAR vessels are planning hulls. The latest additions to the fleet are the "RS 147 Inge Stensland" of the Petter C. G. Sundt class and "RS 149 Odin" of the Skomvær class. The Inge Stensland has twin 980 HP MANs with water jets and maxes out at 40 knots. The Odin sports twin 960 HP MTUs with VPPs. She has a max speed of approx 30 knots and a bollard pull of 23 tons.
I serve on the "RS 139 Uni Oslofjord". She is a 42' Simrad class vessel with twin 450 HP Yanmars pushing Hamilton waterjets. She maxes out at 35 knots and pulls just about 2 tons. Even if the Simrad class vessels are way smaller than their bigger sisters, they are some tough ladies. The base design was developed for use off shore in the North Sea oil fields.

Hiya,
** This broker has sold a number of ex-SAR vessels.* If you click on rescue vessels you can see boats similar to what has been mentioned thus far.* Some pretty sweet units.* Some with twin engines an VPP.* Trans oceanic as far as I can figure out...Now if I could only hit the Powerball.....sigh...
http://www.djurgardsvarvet.se/index.htm

AllanY wrote:I would love to see inside

You and me both. There wasn't anyone on board while I was in the yard so didn't have a chance to beg a tour.

Hey great boat Carey, thanks for finding how to give us a look inside.
However, might I suggest some of you guys need to learn how to make live links. It's really easy. Just copy the URL into the body of your post, but using the full reply or quote button, or advanced editor, not the quick reply, although if you are in a 'quick reply', and you decide to do a link or upload a pic, you can transfer yourself to advanced editor by selecting the button at the bottom without losing what you have typed in so far. Then, having done that, and the address still being on the clipboard, just go one step more. Highlight it again, that lights up the link symbol up in the tools bar, click on that - that throws up the 'live link' window you then re-paste the URL into it, then click on the 'insert' button, bottom left of that wee window, which inserts it as a live link, then submit the post as usual.
Apologies to those to whom this is like telling granny how to suck eggs, but there are still quite a few posters who don't do it, and I suspect it's because they haven't looked it up yet, rather than just couldn't be bothered, so the above is to save y'all lookin' it up.....

You can aslo put open bracket, the letters url, and close bracket immediately in front of the link and open brackete, forward slash, the letters url, and close bracket immediately after it. This is the code for making anything in between live.* I can't simply write the code to show you because it will make anything between them and the code live.* like this.* This works everywhere, quick reply, advanced reply, whatever.

-- Edited by Marin on Saturday 13th of November 2010 11:23:24 AM

Or if you start out in the by replying using the "reply" button and not the "Post Quick Reply" button, anything that "looks like a link" will be live.

Peter B wrote:

Hey great boat Carey, thanks for finding how to give us a look inside.
However, might I suggest some of you guys need to learn how to make live links. It's really easy. Just copy the URL into the body of your post, but using the full reply or quote button, or advanced editor, not the quick reply, although if you are in a 'quick reply', and you decide to do a link or upload a pic, you can transfer yourself to advanced editor by selecting the button at the bottom without losing what you have typed in so far. Then, having done that, and the address still being on the clipboard, just go one step more. Highlight it again, that lights up the link symbol up in the tools bar, click on that - that throws up the 'live link' window you then re-paste the URL into it, then click on the 'insert' button, bottom left of that wee window, which inserts it as a live link, then submit the post as usual.
Apologies to those to whom this is like telling granny how to suck eggs, but there are still quite a few posters who don't do it, and I suspect it's because they haven't looked it up yet, rather than just couldn't be bothered, so the above is to save y'all lookin' it up.....
So what your'e saying is that you and everyone else are too freaking lazy to highlight and paste into the box? OMG!!! I know that having to move the cursor such a long way might cause you to cramp up.*
yawn.gif

No, not so much lazy, as being nice. If you are inviting someone to follow a link, and you can make it quicker for them, why not, otherwise, who is the lazy one.....is the question begged I guess....?

Here's today's best liveaboard pick pic.

Attachments

• labams.jpg
    labams.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 107
Wow, I think I'd have to loose weight to live on that thing, I think I'm wider than the boat......Arctic Traveller

RickB wrote:

Here's today's best liveaboard pick pic.
I think the long low appearance is fooling your eyes. I'll bet she's fourteen feet wide. Looks like a Dutch barge. The English barges are six and a half feet, and have very narrow places here and there.

Carey wrote:I think the long low appearance is fooling your eyes. I'll bet she's fourteen feet wide. Looks like a Dutch barge.

You got it. Here's a pic of the stern.* I should have added that originally.

While the thing isn't beamy compared to length, it's not going to keep anyone with a wide beam of their own from enjoying it.

Attachments

• labams2.jpg
    labams2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 106

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom