View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #16
BlueYonder

City: MD
Vessel Name: Blue Yonder
Vessel Model: 37
I installed a 12v computer fan down low in the back of my refrigeration compartment to bring in cool air and another at the top of the compartment to exhaust the warm air. The fans are virtually silent. The ambient air temperature over the coils has a lot to to do with how cool the system can get.

My system is made by Vitrifrigo but probably uses the same compressor as your unit. Vitrifrigo tech support told me that the "thermostat" control on the unit does not actually set the temperature. I was told that the setting determined the run time on the compressor. The highest setting will cause the compressor to run almost continually without regard to the temp inside the unit. I keep my system set to the mid setting and keep ice-cream hard in the freezer, and meat at 38 in the cooler section. If I set the system to high, the compressor runs constantly, but the temps inside the unit stay pretty much the same. I don't know where you have your thermostat set, but you might find that a lower setting will reduce run time while still keeping things cold inside.
BlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote