Yard placing a Lien on your boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for you. Now you can enjoy your boat.
When I was living in Oak Harbor Marina in Slydell, for about 4 years, I still took my boat to Biloxi for any work on it. I never had the yard itself do any work for me. I always hired my own crew.
BTW, what marina are you in?

My picted enforcer is disappointed that job did not materialize.

22761689-evil-spooky-clown-portrait.jpg

I Say Congrats! Similar to my pict - Go Boating!! :speed boat: :dance:

Attachments

• Art - Pilot Tolly_100_1362.JPG
    Art - Pilot Tolly_100_1362.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 81
As with all issues there are two sides to the story and this tax issue is only a portion of the overall dynamics involved in this situation. All I want to do is move on and start enjoying my boat.[/QUOTE]

Three sides to a story: His, Hers, and the truth.

Conall

Tony B, the boat is actually in Oak Harbor marina, As I rushed to get out of that yard I made my maiden voyage solo(a three hour trip) to Oak Harbor(did I mention I have only driven a 22 foot ski boat before?) I'm embarrassed to say I ran aground(I have a 7.5 foot draft) at the inlet to the marina, took the corner too wide, while I was attempting to back out of my predicament the rubber coupler between the engine and transmission disintegrated. So my first day out I was able to use my tow boat US membership... $150 bucks well spent.

Greetings,
Mr. Ta. "... I ran aground..." You shouldn't bee too embarrassed. The ONLY way you'll never run aground is by staying at the dock. Get 'er done captain. Oh, and when you buy a new coupler, get a spare.

Greetings,
Mr. Ta. "... I ran aground..." You shouldn't bee too embarrassed. The ONLY way you'll never run aground is by staying at the dock. Get 'er done captain. Oh, and when you buy a new coupler, get a spare.

:thumb::thumb:
Absolutely right and well stated RT. Just the ante to buy a seat in the game of skinny water boating. Get a tide chart.

:thumb::thumb:
Absolutely right and well stated RT. Just the ante to buy a seat in the game of skinny water boating. Get a tide chart.

Along with tide chart and/or book... also... watch depth sounder closely while on fly bridge so you can see down into water as you go v-e-r-y s-l-o-w while in shallow water - IMHO! And, be ready to immediately stop boat to adjust position/direction if/as needed.

Taint no sense o' rushing anything while boating in the shallows!

Last edited:
Talonewo. Does your screen name have anything to do with MC-130s?

I had a lien filed in court against a home I own just a few months ago. I knew nothing about it until after the fact when I just happened to call the neighborhood HOA about the fact they'd stopped sending me annual dues notices. Supposedly I was notified by certified letter but I never got it- since they didn't have my mailing address, just the property address. So sure you SHOULD be notified and have your "day in court" but doesn't mean you will.

Good luck working things out.

Last edited:
If notified by certified mail.....if they don't have proof you received it...you have a great case if that letter is their only real case you knew.

Jennifer Pineapple Girl

Good to see ya post again. Hope all is well!

Art

I seized a boat once. It was pretty easy and very satisfying. The hard part was finding where the deadbeat hid the boat. Once I found it my lawyer got a Judge to order it seized.

I arranged to have a tow company show up at the same time as the U.S. Marshal. The Marshal happened to know the owner, a lawyer, and she asked if she could call him and let him know what was happening. I said sure and he asked me not to take it.

He said he would bring me a check right away. I refused to take a check. He could have given me a bad check and I wouldn't have a claim on the boat anymore. I'd have to go after him for the bad check. He came down about an hour later with several thousand in cash.

There were several other businesses looking for the boat as well. I was just the first to find it. About a year later I read he was arrested on drug charges. Not a nice guy.

.... the boat is actually in Oak Harbor marina....
... I'm embarrassed to say I ran aground(I have a 7.5 foot draft)

We lived aboard in Oak harbor marina from around 2002 till Katrina in '05.
The marina was nice, it used to have floating docks before Katrina. The floating docks really saved a lot of boats.
If someone has never run aground or fallen overboard, they haven't done a lot of boating. Me personally, I'm too obnoxious to get embarrassed.

BTW, is a Brit named Martin still there? I can't remember his last name, but I certainly remember his accent. Great guy to know.

Regards

Tony B

I seized a boat once. It was pretty easy and very satisfying. The hard part was finding where the deadbeat hid the boat. Once I found it my lawyer got a Judge to order it seized.

I arranged to have a tow company show up at the same time as the U.S. Marshal. The Marshal happened to know the owner, a lawyer, and she asked if she could call him and let him know what was happening. I said sure and he asked me not to take it.

He said he would bring me a check right away. I refused to take a check. He could have given me a bad check and I wouldn't have a claim on the boat anymore. I'd have to go after him for the bad check. He came down about an hour later with several thousand in cash.

There were several other businesses looking for the boat as well. I was just the first to find it. About a year later I read he was arrested on drug charges. Not a nice guy.

Parks, I need a notorized signed release on all that stuff I bought from you.:D

Blue Yonder, why yes it is, you are the first person to know, I started my AF career as an EWO on B-52's, then went to MC-130H's, Hulbert, Mildenhall and Kirtland... and delivered the first T2's to Kadena in 95 so you could say I hit all the T2's bases. Retired in 2010, now a GS for the Army doing EWO stuff for IED's. What about yourself?

I was in the 8th SOS in the early 80s. I Flew MC-130Es out of Hurlburt. Tweet IP after that, then C-141s, C-21s and retired out of C-5s in 2004. Currently fly for an airline. I still like the 130 best of all the aircraft I flew.

To the OP

It seems and as previously suggested, paying the taxes is less costly than hiring a lawyer.

"Parks, I need a notorized signed release on all that stuff I bought from you.:D "
Not to worry Don, your credit is good with me. Kinda wish you hadn't paid me. I'd like to own your boat.

Back
Top Bottom