finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi my name is Capt Don. We currently own a Hatteras 48 LRC. We are in the process of selling and we are going to purchase a 55 or 60 Nordhaven. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering, that is how do you like your 47. Any issues or items you would change or any thoughts in general about the Nordhaven that would help us in our final decision.
Thank you for your advice.

Nordhavn 47

Hi my name is Capt Don. We currently own a Hatteras 48 LRC. We are in the process of selling and we are going to purchase a 55 or 60 Nordhaven. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering, that is how do you like your 47. Any issues or items you would change or any thoughts in general about the Nordhaven that would help us in our final decision.
Thank you for your advice.

Sir, it is a pleasure to respond to your question but I'm not sure if you have me confused with another owner on this site who recently purchased a N47. We have built two new N40's and recently purchased and sold a 2004 N35. We are currently looking for our next boat. If we can be of assistance please let me know.

John

Nordhavns

Don

My husband and I are on our second Nordhavn, a 50. Previously, we cruised a 46. We enjoy talking about the boats, please feel free to contact us privately via our website shown below.

Best
Nancy Goldberg
M/V Duet, N50#15
Blog | MVDuet.talkspot.com

Nice Find!

Congrats!! You must be extremely happy with your new Nordy! We are currently searching for a N47 but waiting for the right one to come along. If you don't mind me picking your brain, we have a lot of questions, I promise not to drill ya to bad! Again, lucky you!

Congrats!! You must be extremely happy with your new Nordy! We are currently searching for a N47 but waiting for the right one to come along. If you don't mind me picking your brain, we have a lot of questions, I promise not to drill ya to bad! Again, lucky you!

Hi Crusty,

Welcome to Trawler Forum and good luck with your N47 search. There is a wealth of information on this site and lots of members that are happy to help you out. I'm sure you will hear the same thing from Oliver very soon! :D

Where are you planning on cruising when you get your new boat?

WE LOVE IT!

We run the generator everywhere we go so it's always cool.

You'll find that the 47' is in the gap between huge (a 60' for ex.) and just big enough. The only problem which really is a good problem, there's so many places to store things we often loose stuff then find it a week later whilst looking for something else. I think it's just the right size boat. Were very happy with our decision. We originally going build a new 40', but after finding out just the price for the hull we figured a used 47' would be great and less money! Also we knew if we got a 40' after a year we'd want a 47'. Hell there's been talk of an N2, but that won't materialize for awhile. Overall were tickled to death. We've brought the boat up to our spec and how we'ed like, and to us she's perfect!

Also sorry for the late replies, currently in Bimini and just found some wifi.

Thank you for the info Boydski and Oliver glad to hear the Bimini trip is going great. The wife and I are planning on the PNW for the first year, I was Stationed on Whidbey Island many years ago, and we go as often as possible to get out of the the desert heat.
We have chartered a few times out of Anacortes and done the San Juan and surrounding areas. But a friend who has a N43 is keeping us entertained with there trip up the Canadian coast and now we are looking to make the trip ourselves. The information from Nordy owners and dreamers like us is so overwhelming that all my spare time is spent reading blogs. Just started reading Nancy's blog on there N50 and have to contact them as they are residents of Nevada also. Hope to stay in touch and follow your journey.

John and Tracey

Nordhavns

John and Tracey.

As several owners have noted, the 47 is a great model. We fell in love with the 50 the first time we saw one, so we looked hard for a well kept example. There aren't a lot of 50s out there, compared to the 47, but you can't go wrong with either boat.

Duet will be leaving Portland for British Columbia in the next couple of weeks. We have email aboard so feel free to get in touch that way, as we won't have much web site access. There is a lot to learn about Nordhavns, we have been around the brand for nearly 20 years and are still coming up the curve :)

Best
Nancy
M/V Duet, N50#15
Blog | MVDuet.talkspot.com

N4712 wrote;

"there's so many places to store things we often loose stuff then find it a week later whilst looking for something else."

We do that on our 30' boat.

N4712 wrote;

"there's so many places to store things we often loose stuff then find it a week later whilst looking for something else."

Isn't just a love/hate problem. :D

N4712 wrote;

That is why we committed to completely removing everything from our boat annually. May seem a bit anal to many but it really eliminates clutter.

I have really enjoyed reading this whole thread. We are hoping to be in a Nordhavn 47 by June. Its reassuring that you are really enjoying the 47 with no complaints. We saw a beautiful one at Trawlerfest this month. Your boat looks fabulous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom