View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #59
refugio
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Lulu (Refugio sold)
While the boat appears well built, there are some interesting design choices.

I'm not really seeing the handholds in the wide-open saloon - unless you're 6' tall and can use that one on the centerline ceiling. And I don't think I appreciate whatever they were trying to achieve with that (under-sized, note the bent stock) anchoring setup.

My problem with the galley location is the lack of visibility. If it's there because it's the place on the boat with least motion, then anyone there is likely to feel uncomfortable with not being able to see out either side. I can kind of accept that on the port side, but the starboard side (with what I first thought was a narrow on-deck head) has cupboards. Sorry, but I see this as an unnecessarily unpleasant space though it does have a hatch - and two large vents (note the huge mushroom on the boat deck).

And then there are the truly odd things - watertight door to the master stateroom? Batteries mounted horizontally for no apparent reason? Fake teak on the swim step but just painted non-skid everywhere else? Deadly looking hinged access from the pilothouse to the flybridge?

One thing I do appreciate (especially in Nova Scotia with their huge tidal range) is the ability to careen the boat.
refugio is offline   Reply With Quote