View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #165
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: In NC only 5. Other places, like 10. Yeah a quick pass or a fast acceleration here and there. Zero to 60 in 3 sec. They say 197 top speed but I'll never freaking know that, they could be making that number up for all I know. 560 hp. And a target car for highway patrol if there ever has been one. So better not go in the fastest pack because if they can only get one, then you're it.
WB

560 hp - Ouch! 3 sec 0-60 Fun! Type of auto? Engine cubes? 197 mph at WOT Eeeeekkk!

My 67 Cat has original factory quoted top end of at 148 mph. I had her bury the needle once... lots more to go. I backed off, taint no sense to go faster than that unless on a pro track with pro car - IMO. Cat weighs in at 4.9K lbs.; with recently professionally rebuilt high performance motor, 1/4 tank high test, full size spare tire and Linda and me. Stop watch on measured mile 5.9 sec 0-60. Not too bad for AC'd, power everything, 48 yr old classic "Luxo-Muscle-Car"!

Rebuild engine has <3K miles. Once she gets fully broken in (10 K mi) I plan to take her to a dyno shop and find out what is really being created at her rear wheels. If I want to get a bit more (50 +/- extra hp)... cam, intake manifold, and carb can be modified. Think I'll keep her as is... enough fun already, and, no tune-up hassle!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote