Trawlerfest highlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
1) Willard 30, I don't even know where to begin, what a fantastic boat! The broker said she was fresh out of being refitted and the owner decided to sell her to take on another project. I wish they supplied rags and some simple green so I can clean up all the drool I left on that boat. But seriously, I'm in love with this setup for the 30ft range. Paravanes, stand up engine room, great paint job, attractive, and very functional.....

2) Nordhavn 64, Definitely the right boat for us, but timing is off by a couple years sadly. So we'll just have to hold off. But man is she beautiful, very nice and flowing salon with TONS of room. The galley was big enough to have a party in, although I've never heard of a galley party. It has 4 staterooms all of which are fabulous if I must say myself. Master is huge, with three vertical windows on each side ( full beam stateroom) with a spacious head that even had towel heaters!!! Then there is the VIP stateroom which is quite spacious to, think it has a queen sized bed or something of similar size. Just to starboard of the VIPS was the guest stateroom with two bunks. Lastly there is the crews quarters which consists of two bunks. Very nice. Boat deck is huge, must've had a 15' dink up there and you can walk around it no problemo. Bet that 1 ton crane lifts it effortlessly. Just FWD of the boat deck Is the huge arse Flybridge, which I really like and provides great visibility.

Those were the two boats that caught my attention most.

Didn't even bother to go on Kadey Krogen's as It was the same boat that was at FLIBS, which I was no where near impressed with.

But out of them all the Willard was like the coolest thing since sliced bread to me.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159447.728142.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159467.074383.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159481.356222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159501.737316.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159516.997658.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159533.981468.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159558.683606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159581.113195.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1422159597.504753.jpg

N47 Any idea on which Perkins is installed? Appears to be a 4-108. Confirmation.
Yes, really a nice outfit. I like the quarter bunks aft. Were there bunks forward as well?

Al

N47 Any idea on which Perkins is installed? Appears to be a 4-108. Confirmation.
Yes, really a nice outfit. I like the quarter bunks aft. Were there bunks forward as well?

Al

There were no bunks forward as that was the engine room. Broker said the owner wanted it to be exactly 2/3 scale of a fishing boat and to make it all work they had to put the engine up front, shaft runs through the keel.

4-154 correct thanks Billyfeet, I have one and missed it as I didn't believe the Perkins model was readily available to install in a newer boat at least newer than 74 which is the latest year I have found for an original Perkins 4-154. Main reason we are changing out to a 4-236. Age- boat built in 1978 and Perkins 4-154 somewhere between 1960 and 66 or on to 1974. Vague information on early Perkins.
Observation on this boat. By our local anchoring requirements, this fellow has a battle ship of an anchor!!! Anchor#s plus engine weight makes for an interesting ballast formula one would think.
This layout is similar to our former boat, no bunks forward only focule storage, engine under the pilot house in normal location, quarter bunks in rear cabin.
Really this is a boat for the wish list.
Thanks for posting.
Al

I agree that little boat was cute and well done on the refit. I liked the N47 at the show and the broker had a buyer that was looking for a boat like ours but I like not having payments so will probably stay put.

That N47 pulled into a slip in front of us this afternoon at Loggerhead, thankfully he had bow and stern thrusters as it was blowing a steady 30 to 35 here at Juno today and it took all it had to bring it in without issue.

Back
Top Bottom