length

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make it easy-pizzie at our dock. We simply rent a 40 X 16' covered slip for our 36'6" loa X 12'6" beam Tolly!

I make it easy-pizzie at our dock. We simply rent a 40 X 16' covered slip for our 36'6" loa X 12'6" beam Tolly!

That does seem simple, although we once picked up a 70' slip for a 63' boat that measures including all extras 64'2". And the kid comes out to measure. I tried to turn it into a learning experience for him but failed. I asked him, "do you know the size of the slip?" "Yes, it's 70'". Then I said, "well now look at the front and the back of the boat. Aren't they both inside the slip?" "Yes". I then say "Well, then you know without measuring that they are less than 70' and so you charge for 70' don't you?" And here's the answer. "Yes, but I still need to measure." Turns out it was the dockmaster's rule as he just didn't feel he could trust the dockhands to make any judgement on their own.

Do words really have meaning, or is this just a dream? Thank you CP for the correction. You beat me to it.

That does seem simple, although we once picked up a 70' slip for a 63' boat that measures including all extras 64'2". And the kid comes out to measure. I tried to turn it into a learning experience for him but failed. I asked him, "do you know the size of the slip?" "Yes, it's 70'". Then I said, "well now look at the front and the back of the boat. Aren't they both inside the slip?" "Yes". I then say "Well, then you know without measuring that they are less than 70' and so you charge for 70' don't you?" And here's the answer. "Yes, but I still need to measure." Turns out it was the dockmaster's rule as he just didn't feel he could trust the dockhands to make any judgement on their own.

OMG - and - LOL!

I am sure the dock hand was frustrated unless he was one of the reasons in the marina business that the workers AREN'T TRUSTED with much...and for a variety of reasons.

I am sure the dock hand was frustrated unless he was one of the reasons in the marina business that the workers AREN'T TRUSTED with much...and for a variety of reasons.

Well, my wife claimed he wasn't there for measuring anyway, just to look at girls in skimpy bikini's. Something told me he was just one of those kids who sort of wondered through the world and didn't think a lot. But a nice boy and as he matures might be a great worker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom