Gig Harbor Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
9.5′ Captain’s Gig | Gig Harbor Boat Works

Saw this at the show today. I said "honey these look like real nice boats". She said "buy one dear". At least that's what I heard. :flowers: Each boat is made to order so hopefully I'll have it by opening day.

img_301977_0_73b4cbe2b4a696b54044aabe8fddd108.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations ,that's a good looking dinghy.I love it when they say that .We bought a used Trinka a few months back . How are you going to haul it? You're gonna want to show that beauty off. It's gonna look good on your Roughwater 35. I'm dealing with the davit thing right now .

Thanks Pack,

They are putting Weaver Davits on her for me, and they are beefing up the areas where the attachments are. I ordered the hull modifications for the sail kit and the dual oar locks and sliding seat. We had a nice chat with the founder of GH too. Some of their larger boat designs are fabulous, if you're into rowing & sailing. Check out the Melonseed and Jersey Skiff.

Last edited:
My Trinka was set up originally at the factory for sailing . I bought it used and somewhere along the way all the sail rig was either sold , traded or lost . Once I get pas having davits made I'm going to look into getting another sail rig . Be sure to post pics when you get your new dinghy . Fun times ahead .:dance

I have one of their 10' Navigator sailing dinghies. Bought it at the boat show several years ago. Haven't used it much. I'm saving it for retirement. If you're around dock zero at opening day look for Beach Music II.

My Trinka was set up originally at the factory for sailing . I bought it used and somewhere along the way all the sail rig was either sold , traded or lost .

Trinkas are available "sail ready" but without the sailing rig, rudder and dagger board for about $100 more than the non-sailing version. Sailing equipment is available directly from the manufacturer. (I've got an eight-foot non-sailing, without sailing-option, version.)

My 9.5' Captains Gig will be lug rigged like these Melonseeds....

img_302660_0_f238c4c7fd9fd1b7eb9adbf8d6e998c5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom