Single Engines and Stabilizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Britannia

Wannabe
Vessel Name
Stillwater
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
I started two long threads about two classic questions - stabilizers and single vs twin engines. It's only fair to report back on my decision.

As of today I have an accepted offer on a single engine trawler with active fin stabilizers. So there you go - my vote is well and truly cast.

The boat I've agreed to buy is a Krogen 54 Pilothouse:

1988 Krogen 54' Pilothouse Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I went up to see the boat in Ketchikan last weekend. I fell in love. I have a survey from 18 months ago that looks good - so I'm hoping not too much has changed since then. Wish me luck.

I'm taking delivery in Ketchikan and intend to bring her down to San Francisco in two trips in the spring. The first will be to the Seattle area and the second down to San Francisco. I'll be asking for a lot of advice from the forum - so thanks in advance!

Richard

Looks like a winner to me.

Nice! I think ya did good.

Looks great, enjoy!

A beautiful boat.

Congratulations

I've looked at it many times on YachtWorld.
Hope she is as good as she looks.

Wow, I'm floored -looks like a beaut! Many happy travels ahead for you, sir.

Britannia;301652I have a survey from 18 months ago that looks good - so I'm hoping not too much has changed since then. [/QUOTE said:
Assuming this Survey was provided by the seller, suggest you tread lightly and get another that is thorough and "yours."

Wow! Nice!

Congratulations! Very nice looking boat!

Ted

One of my favorite boats. Enjoy!

Very, very nice. Love that boat.

Last edited:
Wow. Congratulations Britannia, she looks like a great boat.
Suit up for some good times ahead!
Best of luck completing the sale.

Richard

Welcome to the Krogen family. May you enjoy your life on the boat.

One of the best, for sure! Nicest Krogen I've seen. Congrats!

Wow - thanks for all the nice comments. Much appreciated.

On the survey - yes - what I meant by my comment was that I am hopeful not much will have changed when I do my survey. I wouldn't consider buying it without having my own hull & mechanical surveys and a sea trial.

Richard

Too Cool!!!

Congratulations!!!

Nice boat!! :thumb:

Brit,
Great boat, I too have looked at her on YW with wanton abandon..

Great fuel economy and lots of space.. Keep us informed how the process goes.

HOLLYWOOD

Beautiful boat, congratulations!

Congrats.

If you plan to have any work done on the boat, Seattle is a great place for it.

Great boat and welcome to the Krogen family. I love the cockpit. Really nice. A friend has one of the 54's on the east coast with the intention of bringing it to the PNW. Take some time cruising the PNW before you head south of Flattery.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Last edited:
Great boat and welcome to the Krogen family. I love the cockpit. Really nice. A friend has one of the 54's on the east coast with the intention of bringing it to the PNW. Take some time cruising the PNW before you head south of Flattery.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Thanks Jim - I will try to do some cruising - but I have limited vacation and it will take me about 2.5 weeks just for the delivery to SF. The Inside Passage will be daytime running only - anchoring at night - so that will be much like a cruise.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom