One off season project completed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
New filter board, valves and new dual Racors (replacing single Racor). Also a pic of the "Lump" just for the heck of it.

Attachments

• dscn0114.jpg
    dscn0114.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 73
  • dscn0118.jpg
    dscn0118.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 80
dwhatty wrote:. Also a pic of the "Lump" just for the heck of it.
I must take umbrage at referring to one of the world's best engines as a "lump."
Damn nice job on the duel filters though!

SeaHorse II wrote:

dwhatty wrote:Also a pic of the "Lump" just for the heck of it.
I must take umbrage at referring to one of the world's best engines as a "lump."
Damn nice job on the duel filters though!
A term of affection and not of derision.

Been looking at that too. What did it set you back?

GonzoF1 wrote:

If you mean the Racors, I lurked eBay for a year and got it new about half price off what the usual suspects sell them for. Still expensive, but we considered it a safety issue since we only have one engine now.

I lurked eBay for a year and got it new about half price off

Hard to do in Maine ( Cold , but its a Damp Cold) but the annual Dania Flea market frequently has the little 900's and bigger 1000's there for the picking.

On a new fuel filtering system, why not spin ons such as Fleetguards? I'd throw my working fine but messy Racors away in a heartbeat if I were to replumb.

dwhatty wrote:

GonzoF1 wrote:

If you mean the Racors, I lurked eBay for a year and got it new about half price off what the usual suspects sell them for. Still expensive, but we considered it a safety issue since we only have one engine now.

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but that for the effort.
wink.gif

GonzoF1 wrote:

dwhatty wrote:

GonzoF1 wrote:

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but that for the effort.
wink.gif

Exact cost? $600 for the Racors, about $25 for the valves and $35 for the filter board. I had the hose, bolts, screws and hose clips in my "hoard" and I reused the labels and a few other parts.

Looking for filters RACOR or similar go to htpp//:www. filtrationdepotonline.com, good prices for new items.
Griffin filters 1/2 the price of the RACOR and just as good.
I got a 1000 for my polishing system some time back.
Delivered to australia in 7 days.
Benn

Back
Top Bottom