Mainship 30 specs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrJim

Vessel Name
Irish Miss
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot Rum Runner Classic
I googled it, but can't seem to find specs (length, beam, draft, weight) for different years and models of the Mainship Pilot 30 boats. I'm especially interested in draft. I know the Pilot came in a deep draft (or original) bottom configuration with a long skeg and about 3' draft. And other later models had the prop in a partial tunnel, reducing the draft to closer to 2'. But, I looked at a 2007 Pilot 30' that had the deeper draft configuration (no tunnel), so apparently not all later models had the tunnel. The online for sale ads I've seen for these boats don't provide this information.

Does anyone have the data (say, from a brochure)?

2 feet 2 inches for the Mainship Pilot II(2003-xxxx)
2 Feet 10 inches for the original Pilot.(1998-2002)

I am having a hard time believing a 2007 has a different Hull design...unless it is a Pilot 31.

Mr Jim,

I am looking for a Pilot 30 too. It sounds like you looked at the one currently for sale in Destin. What did you think of its condition? Any info would be helpful.

Mark

That's what I thought. But then I went and saw this boat in person: Used 2007 Mainship 30 I Pilot, Destin, Fl - 32541 - BoatTrader.com

It's hard to tell in the photos, but this boat is definitely closer to 3' than 2', and it doesn't have the prop tunnel. Yet they claim it's a 2007.

That's why I'm confused.

It does have the prop Tunnel. And it also has the newer interior. I can tell by the bottom hardware....but what might be confusing you is that you can see the prop. The prop is not completely in a tunnel...just about 30% of it. The boat's draft is listed at 26 inches by the manufacturer. Take that for what it is worth.

Mr Jim,

I am looking for a Pilot 30 too. It sounds like you looked at the one currently for sale in Destin. What did you think of its condition? Any info would be helpful.

Mark

That's the one. It seemed to be in really good shape but it had the smaller engine so I wasn't really all that excited about it. I was going to go out and take a test drive on it last weekend but at the last minute the broker called and told me they had it under contract.

It does have the prop Tunnel. And it also has the newer interior. I can tell by the bottom hardware....but what might be confusing you is that you can see the prop. The prop is not completely in a tunnel...just about 30% of it. The boat's draft is listed at 26 inches by the manufacturer. Take that for what it is worth.

Yeah, I called the broker to double check and he confirmed that it did have the tunnel. I just didn't remember seeing it, but specifically remember mentioning to him at the time that there was no way that boat only drew 2'-2". I guess I was mistaken! I was going to go out and look at it again to confirm but didn't get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom