Ford Lehman parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Other than AD and Bomac...who is a good source for parts (Lehman 120)?

I am in Ft Pierce, Florida.

I need a set of injector pipes, oil coolers, and maybe a heat exchanger.

So weird...in 7000 miles, my only failures while underway were leaks in fuel pipes...thankfully the PO had a set on board. Even though nasty and rusty...they saved the day and trips on both occasions. What the heck is the probability of those 2 failures? :eek:

Greetings,
Mr. ps. Can't really help you but it was SO handy when Bomac was in Ft' Lauderdale behind Lesters...Isn't EVERYTHING marine "Just behind/beside/up the street" from Lesters?

Greetings,
Mr. ps. Can't really help you but it was SO handy when Bomac was in Ft' Lauderdale behind Lesters...Isn't EVERYTHING marine "Just behind/beside/up the street" from Lesters?
thanks....

Everything Marine was the name of my LLC when I was doing deliveries and more hands on training....your post struck the memory cell....

I know there are a few places on ebay the sell the stuff..but like many here...I'm shortcutting the call and price process down.

Industrial Engines in Delta, BC. And you lot get the advantage of the crap Canadian dollar.

For engine parts such as injectors, try a farm supply store. There are thousands of these engines in old tractors.

Why not go to Bob at American Diesel, he not only has all parts, but will help you trouble shoot your problems.(804-435-3107)

Greetings,

Yes, from crappers to exhaust risers, its back there.

Do you still have the clamp on vibration dampeners that mount between the fuel lines on a Lehman? If not that might be why you're having leaks.

Do you still have the clamp on vibration dampeners that mount between the fuel lines on a Lehman? If not that might be why you're having leaks.
Yes...the funny thing is this crack was right above the acorn on #1 at the fuel pump end and the vibe clamp was only inches away.

The last one was a pin hole either from rust or a flaw in the pipe ( maybe aggravated from bending). If it was rust it was just one of those things as the pipe was painted nicely and the rust was on the bottom of the bend ( cracked paint and salty moisture maybe).

Think of how many cycles those pipes take from expansion and contraction - it's a wonder they last as long as they do. A set of spares makes sense.

Think of how many cycles those pipes take from expansion and contraction - it's a wonder they last as long as they do. A set of spares makes sense.
Neither failure was from pressure cycles...it was metal fatigue from one most likely a final bend in the pipe to get it to fit on the pump without using a normal bending technique...ie it bent when it was screwed down and stress applied (not really abnormal in this kind of setup).... the other pinhole either flaw or rust...I never scoped it.

Reread post #3...

Were you able to get the parts locally or from AD/Bomac?

Sitting for a month...just shopping for the best parts or the best deal...

May just do a few and wait for the coolers and the H/E, CA stop in Kilmarnock, Va in April on my way back to NJ and pick them up...save shipping.

Just rolling the dice as my coolers are about 5-6 years old and not sure if they were new or pulls from the previous engine.

Anyone know how to check to see if the are Cupro-nickel versus plain copper?

I don't know how to tell the alloy, but if you clean them, sometimes you can see pitting on the tubes. Gear and oil cooler, just replace if in doubt. The coolant HX might be made by SenDure, and they are down in Lauderdale I think. Might be able to buy direct.

I generally don't replace coolant HX's unless they show visible corrosion or flunk a pressure test. Compared to oil and gear coolers, the consequences of a leak is not that bad.

I don't know how to tell the alloy, but if you clean them, sometimes you can see pitting on the tubes. Gear and oil cooler, just replace if in doubt. The coolant HX might be made by SenDure, and they are down in Lauderdale I think. Might be able to buy direct.

I generally don't replace coolant HX's unless they show visible corrosion or flunk a pressure test. Compared to oil and gear coolers, the consequences of a leak is not that bad.

Thanks...thought the same....have to check SenDure out.

When I tear into things..maybe I can find some ID or part numbers that may help.

Greetings,

Or across from. As is the case with McDonald Hardware. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom