batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Has anyone heard about Brute Batteries and if so where can I find comparisons
with other well known makes?
Thanks Bert

Art
Google doesn't produce any Info I tried that before bothering trawlerforum

Never heard of them. No idea how to tell if they are good or bad if they don't have much presence in the market.

Be the first!!

Odyssey Southeast shows to be located in Ft Laderdale, and batteries made in US.
The battery supplier for our repair company has told me most discount batteries (including theirs) come from Mexico and he is part of a buyers group that buys containers of batteries and they brand them here. Having said that, being made in the US- their competition would probably be Interstate.
BTW, when you click on their link above, there are a couple of momentary hyperlinks that disappear. I guess the site has been hacked...
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1421612929.534322.jpg

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Art
Google doesn't produce any Info I tried that before bothering trawlerforum

Did you click the words "Brute Force" for a link on my post # 2? :confused:

Batteries

I am of the mind set that wet cell batteries are cheap and replaceable. Last time I bought the marine batteries from Costco for $89.95 and figure 5 years from now, I'll buy new ones. Unless you live on the boat full time, then you are like me. Coastal cruising, local stuff, plenty of access to stores and such.

Art
Yes I did search Brute Force batteries, there is little Info on them and the page that does come up says they haven't been rated yet .
Thanks Bert

I get all my wet cell batts for boat, car, truck from "Batteries Plus" outlet. Batteries Plus Bulbs and Battery Store – Find Battery for laptop, auto, cell phone, SLA, and more - light bulb and LED - Recycling and Sales Been over six years. None have gone bad. Good prices, good service.

East Penn is their batt provider. EP is biggest in world and top quality, made in USA. Pleased to answer questions on the phone too; will have engineer get back to you if needed. East Penn Manufacturing – The world's largest single site, family-owned lead-acid battery manufacturer

Secrets with wet cell batts:

1. Good quality manufacturer
2. Don't draw the charge down too low or leave them even somewhat low for long at all... before full recharge. (follow batt mfg and model charge-level instructions)
- When not used, batts should be fully recharged at least once every four months. (I do not recommend leaving trickle or other type charger activated when away from batts for more than 24 hrs. - may burn their interiors up if charger malfunctions, might even create a fire. I also believe that any constant charger activity shortens batt life even if charger works correctly).
3. ALWAYS... keep electrolyte level well above led plates (but not too full) and only use clean distilled water. Check level about every six months.

Happy Batt Daze - Art

Back
Top Bottom