old "classic" boat prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was a po boy and all I could afford was MGB's. My favorite was a '64 with knock off hubs and those always lovable dual carbs and Lucas electrical components. My least favorite was the '74 with its ugly bumpers and exhaust manifolds that were subject to cracking. Yep, they still had the crappy Lucas electrical components.

Merry Christmas folks!!!

Well, I suppose Lucas has to enter the discussion. I used to ride a BSA and at 50 mph I swear I was outrunning the headlight. But I will always remember that bike with love. Go figure.

Well, it looks like we successfully, completely hijacked this thread. But we have covered the "old" and "classic" parts of the original title:rofl::rofl:. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Hey Hollywood,

You should buy a clapped out Donzi 16 and put your beautiful, lightweight little Buick in it. WAY better than the GM V6 that most people re-power it with!

ERIC

Hey Hollywood,

You should buy a clapped out Donzi 16 and put your beautiful, lightweight little Buick in it. WAY better than the GM V6 that most people re-power it with!

ERIC

My plan is at some point to build a modern mahogany speed boat to use the Buick.. or drop it in a restored wood deck flat bottom. But a sweet 16 would be a great candidate too.. lets see.. add fresh water cooling and tow it behind the Ocean Alex as a dinghy!

Merry Christmas
HOLLYWOOD

A Donzi 16 certainly wouldn't be the most practical tender - but what a statement! Especially powered by that alloy Buick (with freshwater cooling, of course.) I'd consider towing my Donzi Classic 18 - but it doesn't have FWC to protect the aluminum heads and intake on its 383 Chevy stroker.

Attachments

• 383 INSTALLED 1.JPG
    383 INSTALLED 1.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 80
Hmm! I wonder if it's possible....?

Attachments

• MGBProps.jpg
    MGBProps.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Let's all hope that the prices of classic boats mirror the huge recent price jump of classic cars. That would be great!!! Have you checked car prices recently? Insane.

Anybody else watching the Barrett-Jackson auction? Insane, the prices people are paying! You can buy some damn fine yachts for three million dollars!! Somebody paid $240k for a Beverly Hillbillies movie truck. Not the tv show, but the movie, of which there's several others, so it wasn't even unique:confused:

PK thanks for the lift.
I need to sell my old Buick.

I was a po boy and all I could afford was MGB's. My favorite was a '64 with knock off hubs and those always lovable dual carbs and Lucas electrical components. My least favorite was the '74 with its ugly bumpers and exhaust manifolds that were subject to cracking. Yep, they still had the crappy Lucas electrical components.

Merry Christmas folks!!!
I had a 66 triumph spitfire . The front cap tilted up , made it easy to work on . It had knock off hubs also but they were worn out . The splines were stripped . I changed the wheels to bolt on wire wheels . Our three year old twin daughters would get cramed in behind the seats . It had a luggage rack on the trunk that we kept a cooler strapped to . Man that car was fun . I had to change universal joints in the rear suspension a few times . It was like working on a go cart .

I had a 67 spitfire. Saw one a few weeks ago, couldn't fit behind the wheel.

Summers in Scandinavia only last about 3 months and boating will always be priority one, but now and then I take my ''second hobby'' for a spin :dance:17233_1220901323016_7330465_n.jpg

525603_3039845235477_1036661956_n.jpg

Gorgeous!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom