View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #100
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood8118 View Post
I feel if you can stand up inside (opening hatches to be able to stand don't count) you have a "engine room"..

If you have to crawl you have a " engine space ".. which my current Ocean Alexander qualifies as.

I have, but do not like to, go into my "space" while underway.. just too tight and too many whirling, hot, pokey, sharp things to negotiate while the boat is in motion.

I deeply miss being able to walk around my old John Deere in Volunteer while underway.
It doubled as a great man cave to hide from pesky guests and the family on extended trips.
The Admiral always understood what was up when I needed to " work on something " in the E.R.

Now the farthest I can get away is the the flybridge for a little peace... oh the sacrifices we make..

HOLLYWOOD
Hey, Hey... I take exception to that, and so should Mark and Eric... as well as others on TF. Regarding: "(opening hatches to be able to stand don't count)"

"Engine Room" - can also = just that - "Comfortable Room" to service "Engine".

Especially coming from an owner belonging to the engine "crawl-space" officialdom!

Kidding aside... I feel for you. That is one of my tallest (pun intended) requirements for any boat I purchase. Must be able to stand erect in engine area and have at least reasonably comfortable/ready access to engine(s) as well as other items. There are several boats that I felt were real nice... but would need extensive alterations to get hatches made into salon floor for "Comfortable Room" to service "Engine". That factor stopped my purchase on two boats. One a Chris Craft and one a Tollycraft.

Happy Engine-"Room" Daze! - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote