Trawler Forum T shirts ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonstruck, suggest you go back and read this thread from the start.
This is all bein addressed. - Boyd

Moonstruck, suggest you go back and read this thread from the start.
This is all bein addressed. - Boyd

Boydster, you are right. I skimmed the thread, and didn't pick up on it. As to who owns the rights, I don't know. Unless permission is given freely, the design belongs to the owner.

Could I suggest a complete line of Captains fashions and accessories, including the rugged "Pilothouse" line for the PNW.

I haven't looked that dapper since my High School Senior Prom a few years ago!!

Greetings,
Mr. FW. Aw go-won. You just haven't looked hard enough...I think the hat is extra. Wait, you've already got the hat...silly me.
Deluxe Pink Tuxedo - Wedding Tux

th

Myself, boydster and No Mast have received the official word from Social Knowledge (forum owner) . They're okay with the idea but want no part of leading it up or handling sales etc. The only request is it be done on a cost plus shipping and headache factor basis to keep it within the spirit of a community as a not for big profit sorta thing. By all means cover your costs for doing it though.

If I can be of any assistance to those leading this up to facilitate communication please PM me.

If not being sold through the forum and it's owners and just through a 3rd party who is organizing it......does it matter what the design is as long as it isn't a pre-existing design?

It does, it still uses their brand. We've been exchanging messages back and forth a bit and as CP said, we have a green light to start working on the shirts. I will have the art department start working on it. I have a few ideas, and want to see how they flesh out.

I have heard from a number of people that quality is important and I think I have found a very good balance of price and quality. Once the design is finalized I will have a number of styles for people to choose from, crew, v neck, long sleeve, short sleeve, thicker cotton, lighter Pima, and polos as well.

It is important that everyone associated with the TF brand and logo feels comfortable with how these will represent them and I will submit the final design to them for approval before taking any orders for the production run.

If for a few days I'm out of touch it's because we are getting ready to pull out of Palm beach and head for Savannah, leaving tomorrow with the PM tide, it's gonna be a bit choppy. Gotta go get provisions...I'll be back at work latest Tuesday and will pick up where we left off.

Thanks so much nomast!

It does, it still uses their brand. We've been exchanging messages back and forth a bit and as CP said, we have a green light to start working on the shirts. I will have the art department start working on it. I have a few ideas, and want to see how they flesh out.

I have heard from a number of people that quality is important and I think I have found a very good balance of price and quality. Once the design is finalized I will have a number of styles for people to choose from, crew, v neck, long sleeve, short sleeve, thicker cotton, lighter Pima, and polos as well.

It is important that everyone associated with the TF brand and logo feels comfortable with how these will represent them and I will submit the final design to them for approval before taking any orders for the production run.

If for a few days I'm out of touch it's because we are getting ready to pull out of Palm beach and head for Savannah, leaving tomorrow with the PM tide, it's gonna be a bit choppy. Gotta go get provisions...I'll be back at work latest Tuesday and will pick up where we left off.

100% cotton please

no Poly Lester

thanks in advance guys

Roger, you're welcome! I think it be fun to do this project (hope I'm right :))

Siesta key: No poly, and no cheap plastic decal on the back either. All shirts are cotton. The Pima cotton is very light and would be my choice, but I'll also have a thicker regular t-shirt style cotton, not like Hanes shirts, thicker and nicer.

Let's not forget about the Admirals. Mine is always upset when they don't carry T's for women.

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me there is a whole line for the admirals, it'll be part of the choices. Forgot to mention it.

Probably not relevant to this topic, but just in case. The banner photo is mine. Anyone and everyone can do as they please with it, gratis. You're welcome.

Probably not relevant to this topic, but just in case. The banner photo is mine. Anyone and everyone can do as they please with it, gratis. You're welcome.

Great photo, and thanks!

Where was it taken again?

Thanks for posting that, Tonic. I had been asking the question in the back room and you just answered it.

Very nice pic! I seem to recall the owner of that Selene also is a member of TF. it's great to see such assorted participation in making this happen for the TF community. WTG, guys!

Great photo, and thanks!

Where was it taken again?
Princess Louisa Inlet (Sept 1 or 2, 2011). I was already moored at the dock when the 53' Selene glided in. I stopped drooling just long enough to take the photo. He ended up anchoring in the outflow from Chatterbox falls.

Flywright said:
I seem to recall the owner of that Selene also is a member of TF
The boat is named Wild Blue. He is out of California but heads north often for long trips. I did manage to find his blog at the time and informed him that we were using his boat for the banner. He dropped in, but just the once I believe, to express his pleasure and thank the forum.

Wild Blue's blog is at m/v WILD BLUE Cruising Blog . It's worth a look.

Last edited:
Electro: the problem with the water soluble ones is they don't last, that's why I thought it best to make them change colors with their mood. Thought that might come in handy

Ladies' T shirts are confusing to me. I can't tell if they are cold, or just glad to see me!:blush::eek::hide:

Greetings,
Mr. NM. "...the problem with the water soluble ones is they don't last,". I suspect that was Mr. E's point...
wink.gif

You guys are great!

We will likely purchase some for both of us. I do believe that having a pocket is good idea... at least for men. Really good material and lasting print is the way to go. Shows class. Cost difference is minimal and presentation is maximum.

I like to wear white or very light blue in summer heat; darker color in winter. I'd purchase sleeveless, short sleeve, and maybe long sleeve. 1/2 or 2/3 sleeve is comfortable too. Some shapely gals may like tube tops or even low cuts! Yahoo!! :dance:

When you get to requesting vote on your design, potential order numbers, etc... count me in.

I read every post this morning. Really appreciate the effort ongoing here.

Happy TF Shirt-Development Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Customized hats can be acquired economically from the Philippines. If there is interest, Perla could get some for distribution on her next visit.

img_300628_0_eb72bfdda96180e29bc15d659612582e.jpg

Last edited:
Just as an update, designs are currently in the works and we will have something either end of this week or more likely sometime next week for everyone.

Thanks for all your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom