Fuel Tank Cleaners on Upper Chesapeake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
I'm thinking of having my 28-year-old fuel tanks professionally cleaned and possibly coated. I polish the fuel fairly often but that did not prevent sludge at the bottom of one of the tanks getting stirred up in rough water and start clogging the Racors. My boat's in Delaware City, but we cruise the upper Chesapeake. Like to find a mobile service that could do the job while we're on the hard, but it can also probably wait until we're back in the water so we can "take her to the cleaners."

Any good experiences out there?

I can't help with contractors but it might be worthwile considering the filtering, improving it.

SMX Multi-Stage Fuel Fueltration™ System Kits

Take a look at the Kit # 2 or Kit #3 which is simply installed ahead of your current Racor. The idea is these have much greater dirt holding capacity and are far easier to change.

Get one of the telltale vac. gauges so you can see if restriction is building which hopefully will give some warning that your filters are starting to plug.

Just for some thought. Even polishers cannot always get all the crud from your tank and another rough trip could result in the same [problem.

I can't help with contractors but it might be worthwile considering the filtering, improving it.

SMX Multi-Stage Fuel Fueltration™ System Kits

Take a look at the Kit # 2 or Kit #3 which is simply installed ahead of your current Racor. The idea is these have much greater dirt holding capacity and are far easier to change.

Get one of the telltale vac. gauges so you can see if restriction is building which hopefully will give some warning that your filters are starting to plug.

Just for some thought. Even polishers cannot always get all the crud from your tank and another rough trip could result in the same [problem.

Thanks for the tip & link :)

Thanks, C. I've only had the filters clog once, but adding better filtration is on my list and the Sealand stuff looks good. I'm hoping to get a good look inside the tanks and remove internal pitting and corrosion from the worry list. May have to add another inspection port or two to access the tank bottoms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom