View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #7
JDCAVE
Guru

City: North Vancouver
Vessel Name: Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I'm still reviewing the options here. The current IC is the Freedom 20, which is probably 15 years old. It's a 100 amp charger and 2000 watts on the inverter. Originally I had thought that the Magnum 2812 would be the correct choice with 125 charge and 2800 inverter. However we are mostly a DC boat and presently we leave the inverter "off" unless needed. We don't have home entertainment systems and the fridge and freezer are DC units. We run the coffee mill for perhaps 1 minute a day and some halogen lights some days for at most a couple of hours due in summer evenings, more in the winter but then we are usually on he horse power. The microwave is not currently wired to the inverter circuit, but that is an option. We only use that occasionally. So, why not consider the Magnum 2012 with 100 amps charge and 2000 watt inverter? I do like the additional 25 amps of charge to challenge the generator more, but there are likely some greater wiring requirements for the 2812. Note that I do have to shorten the length of the DC cabling.

Thoughts?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
JDCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote