$1.84 per gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I never expected to see this. I'm filling up now for $1.84 per gal, plus sales tax. This is at Covich in Ballard, Seattle. Needless to say, I'm squeezing in every gallon that I can.

Today prices are crazy!

I filled my tanks not that long ago but plan to top off when I get to Savannah next weekend. As long as prices stay low, I'll be happy to have full tanks. Just a bit longer runs for the polisher pump.

By the time we launch next spring, prices wil probably be back up to $4+/gal. :cry:

if your tanks are empty you can you get a truck to come out? It's better to leave the tanks full anyway right?

I sometimes take a lunchtime walk at the Locks in Seattle and today had the pleasure of seeing Twisted Tree taking Tanglewood through the small lock for some sea trials. Had a nice conversation. Tried to take some shots with the phone but it was stuck on video. Will try to upload 2 short videos. Good looking boat!

Wow, I never expected to see this. I'm filling up now for $1.84 per gal, plus sales tax. This is at Covich in Ballard, Seattle. Needless to say, I'm squeezing in every gallon that I can.

Outstanding!!!! I looked at our fuel logs. On May 22, 2008, Lake Union, we paid $4.78/gallon (tax included) and that was after calling every fuel dock on Lake Union and Ballard. That was for 400 plus gallons.

Last edited:
Well, I should have learned by now that when I can't do something on the iPhone, all I need to do is ask my 15 year old daughter. She was amazed I did not know how to do a "scrren shot" from a video. So, hopefully here are a few screen shots of Twisted Tree and MV Tanglewood heading through the locks in Seattle!

Attachments

• Tanglewood 1.jpg
    Tanglewood 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Tanglewood 2.PNG
    Tanglewood 2.PNG
    165.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Tanglewood 3.PNG
    Tanglewood 3.PNG
    158 KB · Views: 120
if your tanks are empty you can you get a truck to come out? It's better to leave the tanks full anyway right?

Mine were filled at layup sorry to say.

I think I paid $3.80/gal in Anacortes at "Krogin" on or about Sept 20, 2014.

Sigh!

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Diesel price

Sadly I had to pay $5 a galloon down in Sint Maarten last year.

Any idea what happened to marinefuel.com ? I've not had any luck accessing the site. I go back to the Caribbean in the spring and need to draw a serious amount of fuel. I was hoping to get the latest fuel prices of there site.

Great pictures, THD - thanks and nice chatting with you. The Seatrials were a success, but Simrad still has their work cut to for them. Either way, it was nice to get on on the water.

Twisted, that price is hard to believe if for price of diesel. Diesel here costs about a dollar more per gallon than gasoline.

$1.84!!! Last weekend we paid $3.09 at Morrisons. Should have gone a little further down the canal.

Twisted, that price is hard to believe if for price of diesel. Diesel here costs about a dollar more per gallon than gasoline.

I know. I called them back again to confirm because I didn't believe it. Then I went over and now have 1689 gal of it in my belly, or should I say the boat's belly.

I know. I called them back again to confirm because I didn't believe it. Then I went over and now have 1689 gal of it in my belly, or should I say the boat's belly.

And here I'm limited to 300-or-so gallon capacity (but good for 1000 to 1400 nm.).

And here I'm limited to 300-or-so gallon capacity (but good for 1000 to 1400 nm.).

Quantity does matters. I told them I would buy 1500 gal and that I'd pay by check, not credit card. That got the price. I don't know where the volume price breaks are, nor how much they add for credit cards. The other big place down the cove (Ballard Oil) was $2.27 for the same quantity and cash deal.

Wow, was that with cash or credit? They will give a few extra pennies with cash at Covich as well.

We took on 300 gallons today at Covich & Williams- $2.14/gallon! Cash price $2.04 (found that out just as we were getting ready to leave....

Ballard Oil was $2.65 for the same quantity.

We took on 300 gallons today at Covich & Williams- $2.14/gallon! Cash price $2.04 (found that out just as we were getting ready to leave....

Ballard Oil was $2.65 for the same quantity.

That gives some insight into the volume discount. It sounds like buying 1500 gal vs 300 got me a 20c per gal discount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom