Winter Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I'm not cruising in my 36' Marine Trader, im cruising in my Cobra.

img_296933_0_b2bbe6e648d540989e9ddc5068748868.png

Arch

One of my all time favorites. I need an extra garage bay, a lift, the Cobra and throw in a Tiger just for good measure.

Jeep

Here is my latest project over the last couple years. 1982 Jeep Scrambler. Bought it as turnkey, got ripped off, died in the Mountains of Colorado 15 miles from the purchase point, three days before Christmas. Flew home, all is well now, but had to rebuild most of it.

I am a sucker for adventures. Can't help it and not sure if I want to.

Jeep-6.jpg

Jeep3-150x150.jpg

Well, it happens about this time most years. Many of us are on the hard, winterized or otherwise away from real boating. I admit that while my boat is in the water year round, it serves as more of a floating condo during the winter months. People get a bit stir crazy and the next thing you know everyone is up in arms over the most pedantic things. Passionately clinging to the depths of their arguments.

I thought for once that I'd go out of my way to try to bring a bit more intelligence and meaning into a winter thread discussion.

I failed.

So what do you think about the relation of peoples cars to their boats? I tell you I can name a persons vehicle within one or two guesses and be right 100%, sixty percent of the time.

For instance:

The mangy sailboat: Old ugly smoky Volvo.

New sailboat drinking cheap white wine: New pristine Volvo 10mph under.

Nordie with oversized bow thruster running often: Range Rover

Nordic Tug, any size or age: Subaru

American Tug. Subaru

Ranger Tug: Clean Subaru

Go Fast: Hummer (not Humvee)

Thunderbird: Bicycle

Evviva: Anything he wants

Meridian: Toyota Camry

Bayliner: old Toyota Camry

Defever: no longer owns a car

Hatteras: Cadillac

48 Tolly: Porsche Boxster S or a fully restored eye catching 82 Jeep Scrambler

Next...

OMG, LOL ROFL. was just reading back through the thread. :lol:

Saw some interesting boats today

DSC_4661.jpg
Took the company boat (owned since 1988) out of the garage for a trip to Stuart via St. Lucie River starting in White City.
DSC_4663.jpg
Sweet 1967 Hatteras
DSC_4667.jpg
I'll say!!!!
DSC_4671.jpg

DSC_4673.jpg

DSC_4677.jpg
The railroad bridge over the St. Lucie in Stuart that the All Aboard Florida people plan to have in the DOWN position during all daylight hours. This will pretty much shut down all the marine business west of it and the Cross Florida Route if it happens. In the down position there's not 4' of clearance.
DSC_4696.jpg

NMS_4694.jpg
St. Lucie River
DSC_4697.jpg
Boat ramp madness in White City.

Last edited:
DSC_4681.jpg
Marina immediately west of the bridge. I really like that yacht Amanda there.
DSC_4686.jpg
Beautiful tree
DSC_4665.jpg
Another view of the Wicked Cool.
DSC_4674.jpg
more boats
DSC_4680.jpg
32 trains a day at over 110 mph over these old things? Seriously? You think any of the thousands of boaters, homeowners, and workers losing use, value, and jobs will have the same thoughts as me? "uh, wouldn't some steel debris in those cogs like totally jam this thing from working?" A skyscraper built on a foundation of straw!

Last edited:
The link does not work for us, wants me to sign in. Lets see you have a nordic tug, but already have all practical uses exhausted with the F150. Okay so Subaru minus 150 = Smart Car?

Nordic Tug, F 150 and this:

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 80
seasalt a friend of mine had one like that. His was a 53 w a steel top. Does your soft top come down?

Eric,

It is a '54 300b Cabriolet D 4 door convertible. Sold it a while back but probably should have kept it.

OMG, LOL ROFL. was just reading back through the thread.

Oliver, it really cracked me up when you posted the Mrs. drove a Range Rover! Talk about a spot on guess! :D

I'm still driving an old Dodge Pickup (diesel), maybe I need to go look at a Range Rover....

Oliver, it really cracked me up when you posted the Mrs. drove a Range Rover! Talk about a spot on guess! :D

I'm still driving an old Dodge Pickup (diesel), maybe I need to go look at a Range Rover....

I honestly don't like the range-rover. Yes it rides nice and looks all pretty inside, but I'd take a Ford Raptor over it any day, and use the savings from not buying a Range Rover on the raptors horrible fuel economy. :D

Mr: 2005 Excursion (I call it a bus)
Mrs: 2014 Range Rover

Funny- a buddy calls my ford Supercab Dually a "Parade Float"?

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom